Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djdj12438 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Lock repair
    Hi, I have a kwikset interior privacy bed/bath door knob. Both knobs lock or unlock by emergency key outside and turnbotton inside (Has no key just a little metal "L" wrench looking thing.)The Question I have is how to repair the lock in it. Every time that the door is locked and I try to open the door the knob still turns and makes a crunching sound. I heard that this model is an Anti-pick 6 Pin System but not sure. What should I do?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 09:52 PM

I don't see how that lock could be any type of Anti-pick lock. All the "key" does is turn the turn button on the inside. No pins in the lock cylinder.

Just replace the entire lock set, they are cheap.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 11:20 PM

I'd say, try lubercating the lock with lithium grease. You have to take it off. Lubercate the sliding internal parts.

Litihium grease is NOT for cylinders in case someone else is reading this post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Air lock or hammer lock [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering how I can rememdy hammer lock or airlock? I think that is what it is. I just bought this house that has been sitting for 3 months unoccuppied. I connected my washer and when the washer starts to cycle by pulling water to the unit, I hear this bang evertime it purges water. ...

Air lock [ 1 Answers ]

When I have a shower or turn on the hot water there is a load noise each time. It seems to stop if I turn on the cold tap. Could you please tell me if it is an air lock and how can I stop it? Many thanks ...

Is it an air lock? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a leaking isolator valve that is connected to my bath hot water tap, so I decided to change it. I turned-off the cold water mains and opened the hot water taps in the bathroom and kitchen to drain the system. I have the cold water tanks in the loft and the hot water cylinder in the bathroom....

View more questions Search