Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Great face? Or great body
    Which do you prefer... a woman who is pretty in the face... doesn't have a horrible body but is about 10 pounds too heavy.. ok 15. OR a bod that won't quit and a face that is average at best( and I am being KIND.) I am asking for a friend... ;) The personality is dazzling for both women. ( OK I know this is shallow but it is kind of important.)
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Nov 7, 2008, 09:27 PM

I'm not crazy about getting in on this discussion but I'd just like to point out that weight can vary on any one of these woman, they can both gain or lose 10 or 15 lbs. Facial features don't change the same way.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 09:47 PM

Maybe you should ask your friend? As it his choice.

With me I go for face. And then the rest follows.

I have been called shallow before. But I think if we are all honest with ourselves..

Looks are kind of important ;) to light the first spark
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Nov 7, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Face!!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 10:02 AM

I believe that this applies differently on whether the observer is male or female.

I can only speak to the male point of view.

I think that it is the total package. In my case I would also add personality and how she "carries" herself are very important also. I don't think that style is only how a woman dresses. From my personal, male point of view I also like a women that is feminine.

Many men are fans of different parts of a women's physique, kind of like we are "hard wired"... ha ha, and I think that is fine, to each his own.

But the "overall" is most important to me. Weight proportionate to height and a pleasant face are a great combination.

Stringer
    hellonasty Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Nov 8, 2008, 01:33 PM

Face and body are both nice... but personality is the most important thing for any kind of substantial relationship.

This is all left up to personal preference anyway.. let your friend make the decision.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 11, 2008, 11:54 AM

I have to say, that although the body and face are the first to be noticed, it is what is on the inside that pulls people in. The outer shell is often seen as the inner shell.

I have seen some beautiful women become ugly very quickly, some women who might have a few extra pounds, and know who they are, become very beautiful.

On the other hand, I have seen some so called "ugly" people become beautiful, and some with a beautiful body may look good, but only have the body to show for them.

I think it's all about what is on the inside, that shines on the outside that counts. If you happen to be lucky enough to have "face" beauty, "body" beauty, and a good heart and personality, then you're lucky to have it all. Most people aren't lucky enough, educated enough, have a great gene pool, enough compassion, or a ton of money, etc. to have all three qualities. If you have them all, count your blessings.

So with that said, I guess I would really have to remain neutral. It depends on the two people involved in my opinion. :)
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 12:06 PM
    I would say for me, it's everything, the total package. Face, body, personality, and general outlook on life. If one thing is lacking, it can make things difficult.

I mean looks only go so far. As far as initial attraction, it would be the face. After that, like others have said, it all boils down to the rest. You can have a great face but a poor personality... that doesn't work.

To quote my friend Ron White: "You can fix ugly...but you CAN'T fix stupid!":D
    Business Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 12:20 PM

A short story;

I had a Science Instructor, Mr Teaberry, (a man who shaved his head long before it was popular) who told a story that I have remembered to this day.

"I was asked to take a girl to the high school senior prom. Everyone knew her, I am sorry to say that it was well know that she was not a profound beauty. Her father, a rather wealthy local politician and businessman wanted her to have a date (her very first). He put out the word that he would secretly pay anyone who would be kind and take her to the prom. He felt very bad that he had to make this offer, but he knew from past experiences that she would not be going if he did not."

"Needing money very badly, I contacted him and we agreed that I would do this. All my friends were ALL OVER ME about this as I usually had no problem in getting a date. I took a 'lot of flack' about this venture."

"The night arrived, I was at their home an hour before the dance, and was asked to wait in the 'great room' for her. Her father gave me an envelope."

"She came down the stairs, she was dressed beautifully, but.....she was definitely very lacking in facial beauty. She came up to me and offered her hand to me, with her head down, she could not look at me."

"I tried to be nice and said that she looked very pretty."

"She looked up at me with a tear in her eye......and said with the most beautiful voice I had EVER heard; 'I know that you are being kind, but thank you very much.' We left for the dance."

"You see, when she opened her mouth to speak, she became beautiful. She captured my heart. She was the most kind, thoughtful, generous person I knew."

"We will celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary this coming Monday, we have three "beautiful" children and my beautiful wife has her own charity organization."

Did he keep the money? He never said... but he was lucky.

This was told to me during the class many years ago, I wonder how many of those in that class remember this today.

Mr Teeberry; if you are still around, I dedicate this to you.

Stringer
    Business Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw0713 View Post
    I would say for me, it everything, the total package. Face, body, personality, and general outlook on life. If one thing is lacking, it can make things difficult.

I mean looks only go so far. As far as initial attraction, it would be the face. After that, like others have said, it all boils down to the rest.

To quote my friend Ron White: "You can fix ugly...but you CAN'T fix stupid!":D
    Good friend, we like him also, very, very funny. We have seen him live and he is even better in person.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
    I think that quote should be remembered by anyone who goes PURELY on looks alone!

Great advice! LOL.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 12:33 PM

I agree with all of you. Really it is what is inside that counts.. even someone not so attractive becomes VERY attractive. I was asking as a first gut response kind of thing. I think most people aren't so shallow as to stay with someone just because they are beautiful or do have a great bod. It was kind of just a silly question... I was having stupid argument over what was better... face or body and thought I'd ask the "experts". :)
    Business Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I agree with all of you. Really it is what is inside that counts..even someone not so attractive becomes VERY attractive. I was asking as a first gut response kinda thing. I think most people aren't so shallow as to stay with someone just because they are beautiful or do have a great bod. It was kinda just a silly question...i was having stupid argument over what was better...face or body and thought i'd ask the "experts". :)
    Got more than you bargained for huh? :)

Stringer
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 12:44 PM

I have met many a BEAUTIFUL female that, once they open their mouth, I feel like vomiting. First impressions usually draw us to looks, but after that it can all go down hill from there.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 11, 2008, 01:23 PM

Stringy, that is one of the best stories I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing that one. You got taught a good lesson from Mr Teaberry. I'm sure Marta thanks him also for that, because she found such a great and caring man when she married you.

(ps. I'm turning back into a duck now, meet you in the castle so I can bite you in the butt ;) :p)
    Business Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Stringy, that is one of the best stories I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing that one. You got taught a good lesson from Mr Teaberry. I'm sure Marta thanks him also for that, because she found such a great and caring man when she married you.

(ps. I'm turning back into a duck now, meet ya in the castle so I can bite you in the butt ;) :p)
    Thanks, he surprised me with it, because he was always the "jock" you know..

Ducks!! "Pain in the a** :rolleyes:!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Great R&B Song, Great Lyrics - Who's the Artist and what's the Title? Thanks [ 1 Answers ]

Singers: Male and Female duet. Female:- The sunlight smiles faithful every day for you. No one comes close to the joy you bring to me; whisper's like the summer's breeze. To put my mind at ease. When I look into your eye's I invision you and me on LOVE'S JOURNEY. So I wrote this melody because...

Great guy not acting like a great guy [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I've read so many "self help" books. I would like to change. I keep doing the same things. I like to indulge in . Seems like every time I do. I become a moron. When I work on a guitar piece or produce one of my songs I feel better, happy confident. There are other things that I'm...

Great music. Great story, too [ 1 Answers ]

I like the music tremendously! And the pictures tell the fantastic story well. We Didn't Start The Fire Make certain your speakers are turned up.

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

2 great people [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm involved with 2 people at this period of my life. I have been with one guy for almost 3 yrs.. never had any sexual relationship with him. And as things were going bad with me and him, I happened to find this wonderful guy and he felt in love with me and was very of my interest.. I like...

View more questions Search