Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimiz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Notching rim joists to accommodate anchor bolts & washers?
    When building floors on stem walls, do you always have to notch out the rim joist to accommodate the anchor bolt or mostly the 2"x2" washer? Can you give me some suggestions on ways that you get around this problem? Thanks.
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2008, 04:48 PM
    It's the job of whoever put on the foundation and placed the bolts to put them in the right spot.

Most know to place the bolts in about 2 1/4" in.

But no problem, just notch around them.

Good luck Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notch deck posts with router? Or skip the notching? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm building a deck and considering the easiest yet strong railing option. I like the vertical 2x4 on the inside of the post, one just off the deck and one just under a cap of 2x6 (actually Trex 1x6). I did this before, notching the posts about 1", which looked nice and had good support. 12190 ...

Screw Anchor [ 2 Answers ]

I'll pretend this is the right category. I have what I think is a bit of a silly question. I'm trying to put a coat rack up and decided to use anchors for the screws. I've never really used them before. These are just the very plain plastic anchors -- the kind that look a bit like a fat...

Reposition P-trap, waste line to accommodate new vanity shelf [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, It seems that this has been a common problem for many. But the problems that are posted have not exactly been identical to mine, thus I am still on a quest to find a favorable solution. I am remodeling my half bath on the first floor. The new vanity has a fixed shelf measuring about 15.5...

Which shape can accommodate larger volume [ 2 Answers ]

Can a hexagnoid capacitaite more volume than a cuboid, if the dimensions of the sides are the same.

Anchor furniture down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pool with a vinyl liner and would like to anchor the outdoor chairs and table furniture down. How do I do this on cement we get alt of wind and I do not want the furniture to blow into the pool with a vinyl liner?

View more questions Search