Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcali Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Weak bones
    I have been drinking this chinese slim tea for a while. It has helped me put my weight down but I am feeling weak, dizzy, unable to concentrate in class and the worst part is that my bones and teeth are so painful. What do I do?:confused:
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 7, 2008, 02:34 PM

Are you eating healthy while taking this tea? It sounds to me like you are missing something in your diet. How long have you been drinking this tea? Aching bones and teeth tell me that you are not getting the essential nutrients that you need for your body to function the way it should, and it could cause you long term health problems. I would recommend that you see your Dr. to find out what is happening.
    jcali Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 02:49 PM

Thank you for the reply. I have been drinking this tea since the year 2000. I have been on and of it. Started again this year, 3 months ago. I am 39 years old. I was having 2 teabags per day. At first I thought that it could be because I am getting old but then I guess 39 is not that old. Yeah I guess its just my diet. Thanks anyway.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 7, 2008, 03:01 PM

Do you take other supplements like calcium, glucosamine and condroitin, other things that promote healthy bones?

And yes... 39 isn't old thank you... ;)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 03:01 PM

YOu have to go to the doctor right away. Tell him you are taking this kind of stuff.

I would never ever take this kind of stuff because you don't know what they put in it. They can slip in stuff that is harmful to you.
    lauren6318 Posts: 36, Reputation: -3

Nov 11, 2008, 01:06 PM

Eek. I am avoiding ANYTHING from china right now. Who knows what's in there. AVOID! Any tea without sugar (use a sweetner) or milk is calorie free and helps you feel full (hence lose weight) - you don't need this special chinese tea.
    Sarwat_86 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Nov 11, 2008, 01:12 PM

Well actually this chineese herbal tea is good for losing weight but have passed out your vitamins as well with your stole that's why you are feeling such weakness.If tea is working in losing your weight then keep having it but must use vitamin tablets and milk with it.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 11, 2008, 01:50 PM

I would recommend as I said before. See a Dr. Don't reley on a "magic tea" to help solve your weight issues. You are using a quick fix to try and solve a long term issue with your weight. It will not have long lasting results, and is obviously affecting your long term health. The only thing that will work for permanent weight loss, is eating foods that are healthy, along with excersise. It's the bottom line really.

Start slowly, and work yourself up. You could try yoga or pilates, which to some people might seem 'sissy' or whatever, but it not as easy as it looks, and it does help you work your muscles and bones.

There are so many delicious low cal, high protein foods and recipes out there. It isn't a matter of food deprivation. You don't have to starve yourself. Actually, if you eat the right foods, you will feel more full, and not be hungry all of the time.

Just do a little research, and you can eat almost everything you probably eat now! Just cooked a little different, and possibly in smaller portions, but more meals a day. You won't be missing out on your favourite things. All things in moderation.

Ask your Dr. which supplements you need, calcium and other things to promote your bone health, and only then should you look into teas and other things on the advice and approval of your Dr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

Brittal bones? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had really painful joints for a couple of years and had different doctors give give different answers. Arthritis, fibromialga, well about 8 weeks ago I had a fall and I think I broke my toe, swelling didn't and still hasn't gone down. My doctor is sending me for an exray as he thinks it could...

Puppies and bones [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of real bones are safe to give to a puppy. Was always told to never give dogs chicken bones because they can choke on them. So, we gave our 13 week old puppy a spare rib bone and we think he ate the entire thing in about a half hour. Is this even possible, and how dangerous is it? We...

View more questions Search