Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolf2008 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Wrongfully accused of marriage fraud
    I got married April 2005 to an american citizen in the state of Georgia, we really loved each other she filed the proper forms for family based petition on my behalf, We lived two and a half years together , in December 2007 i found out that she was commiting adutery and she told me to leave because she didnt like me anymore, but she said that the immigration papers would be her gift to me and that she wouldnt pull that away.
    After having a case that was stuck in the immigration for 3 years i got visited by the immigration fraud team and they asked if i paid her and lived with her. Now i did love her and i wish i was still with her but the U.S government acused me of marriage fraud just because she is no currently with me. i know that they are going to talk to her and she doesnt have to help but only to say the truth. I`m very confused at the moment and unsure of my future.
    what is the proceedure of marriage fraud? do they come back and arrest me ? will they send me a court letter or letter to leave the U.S ? is it possible to have this case still decided in my favour ?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 03:08 PM

Retain experienced immigration attorney immediately before removal notice is issued and you will be subject to deportation. When immigration fraud team shows up, it means someone reported this matter to them.
    k2boy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 12:29 AM

You don't actually mention if you got the conditional green card or not. I think you ll be probably served a Notice to Appear before an immigration judge and that's where you ll need a good attorney.
    wolf2008 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 08:53 AM
    I never got anything other employement authorization, yeah I'm looking for a attorney to take my case on short notice . But thank god that got enough documentation and videos to with my wife myself and her family and once immigration see the documents matching the address they won't be able to argue much I hope and starting with her father and mother they remember that his daughter wanted to marry me on her own free will for love because she had to stand up for me before her family because the mother was against of her marrying a immigrant but the mother saw later that I indeed loved her daughter and got to like me later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

I use to work with an immigrant from Russia, I did know that his situation was so complicated. He was married to an American, but she turned on him and he was jailed then deported for Marriage Fraud. If the marriage was deemed a fraud, will it be automatically divorced or is their something more...

Wrongfully accused of PayPal fraud [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of my neighbors who I came to somewhat know and had spoken to him a few times because he is the part owner in a computer store. And I once owned a computer repair business. Now one day my neighbor had asked me if I had a PayPal account seems like her friend had lost his PayPal ATM card....

Marriage fraud [ 5 Answers ]

I married a woman from the Uk after her 90 day visit had run out, she sold everything, her house, her belongings to come to the US to be with me. I met her online. Once here, she became a raving idiot, I have three children and we couldn't all stay in the same house(she has two children) so I moved...

Fraud marriage [ 7 Answers ]

I have a brain injured friend that was cohered into marrying a illegal so that she could stay in the United States.Everything was rehearsed by the alien and her lesbian lover whom subjected my friend to countless mental stress.He never meant the words he said at a LV wedding chapel nor did he...

View more questions Search