Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k2boy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Overstayed visa for 3 years But departed the U.S while under 18
    I was just curious to ask this because a friend of mine from eastern Europe came to the United States when he was 14 yrs old on a tourist visa with his family. However, he overstayed his visa and stayed in the U.S illegally for almost 3 years. He left the United States voluntarily without being in the deportation proceedings by the DHS when he was 17 years and 5 months old. The 3 year illegal stay makes one barred from the United States for 10 years however does that apply to him even though he left the country when he was under 18? Is there any specificity in INA about this issue?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 03:02 PM

Same rules apply to all regardless of age.
    k2boy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 12:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Same rules apply to all regardless of age.
    That's interesting because I have posted this same questoon on Yahoo and Google forums and I am told that if an under 18 leaves voluntarily he is not barred because his parent or legal guardian might have had an influence but not the case when he turns 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overstayed on b1 and b2 [ 8 Answers ]

I got 5 years multiple visa I traveled 2 times once I went and came back And then after 3 years of tat I travelled again in 2008 I got 6 monthes entry but I stayed more 45 days on that and came back So now I want to apply for student visa would it be possible for me??

Is Tax exempt for J1 visa nullified after two years [ 1 Answers ]

Hi experts, I need an advice for filing the taxes. I am on an J1 visa in my first year paying both Federal and State taxes. My payroll office suggested that I have an exempt from paying taxes the first two years but if I stay even a single day after the two years after my J1 visa entry date....

The Departed Are Materializing! Do You Believe It To Be Possible? [ 11 Answers ]

For so long a time, the Departed have been communicating and materializing on Earth. Now, there is even more great information about this fascinating subject! Zerdin Phenomenal _________________ God's Word is indeed *infallible*. It's man's mis-interpretation and...

View more questions Search