Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Nov 7, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Does He Care? (He is sending mixed signals)
    I have been dating a guy for about a month now. He is older and recently separated/divorced from his wife. At first, we begin the relationship on a casual level just calling one another friends and having a good time. In the beginning, he stated he was not ready for a commitment and he enjoys being with me because I am baggage and drama free. He also claims he does not get jealous and could care less if I have sexual relations with other men. He says that I should be honest and open if the situation occurs and he would do the same with me. Side note: I am not looking for anyone else and it doesn't appear as though he is either. My point is whenever a guy calls he asks me who it was and if I had relations with that guy. Any time I tease him about seeing another guy he will bring up my ex or rattle names of guys I was with in the past ( I guess to be funny?) I didn't think he was listening that closely to their names. This is rather unusual for a guy who "doesn't care or doesn't get jealous". Then he says later "I am an adult" and that "we aren't monogamous or dating", but then he will state "we are dating" and that "he would break a guys neck who tries to have relations with me." When he talks to his friends he says that he is dating me... he has mentioned me to his PARENTS! He has admitted that he loves my company and really really likes and cares for me. I am just confused with this guy. I don't want to get my hopes up and fall for him only to be disappointed later. Why is he sending me mixed signals? What is up with this guy? I like him A LOT and he treats me like a princess. He loves to make me feel good. I just want some answers. Thanks
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 09:18 AM

Ask him where you two stand, that's the only way you will get an answer that is truthful.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 09:50 AM

He is older and recently separated/divorced from his wife.
    Chances are he doesn't want to be alone, or tied down.
    He also claims he does not get jealous and could care less if I have sexual relations with other men.
    Which mens this is not an exclusive relationship, and could easily be friends with benefit.
    He says that I should be honest and open if the situation occurs and he would do the same with me
    Its only been a month, so I doubt if either of you knows each other that well as to define what your doing as anything other than casual acquaintances. Anything else is premature at this point, and more about feelings rather than fact. Much more to learn about each other. You be careful here as he may being trying to train you to be what HE wants.

I don't want to get my hopes up and fall for him only to be disappointed later
    It's a real red flag that you would even consider such a thing after a month. Until those signals are a lot clearer, protect yourself as you have fun. We know how intense feelings and needs can make us blind to the reality of a situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why the mixed signals from her? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been out with this girl a few times. We met through mutual friends 2 months ago. We are both quite hectic with work, social lives etc, so it has been quite a slow burner with us meeting for a date every 10 days or so. I have been happy with that, we speak a bit in between, mainly by...

Mixed Signals [ 9 Answers ]

Well I have no idea what to do about my ex. Me and him dated a couple months back and then became friends with benefits and are now just best friends. He broke up with me and said we just wouldn't work out and I kept pushing to get back together until I couldn't push anymore. He dated some girl...

Guy sending mixed signals [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, there's this guy I've liked for a bit now. He always compliments me and says he wants to hang out. As soon as I make a plan to he some how avoids doing it or cancels. Or some days we'll talk non stop and the next day he won't even say hi. He's very touchy and close with other girls and I don't...

What's Up With His Mixed Signals [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so this guy I have been talking to for a while says he really likes me, gives me romantic and playful hugs, and he always invites me over to watch movies on his couch together and cuddle... and he said the only reason he isn't dating me right now is because his best friend has a major crush on...

View more questions Search