Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amazinglove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 08:15 AM
    US Citizenship
    I am scheduled to have my interview at the USCIS Office next week. What is the usual answer that is acceptable to the Immigration Officer if she asked the question: Why do you want to become a US Citizen? I am married to a US Citizen and I don't have any idea on what could be the best answer if ever I will be asked by the above question.

I hope someone out there can help me find the appropriate answer so I can pass the interview. Thank you to all.
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Nov 13, 2008, 07:27 AM

Why don't you just tell the truth? There must be reasons you want to become a citizen aside from that your wife is one. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to the question - there are many right answers.

Speak from the heart and I think you will do fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm an American citizen and I'm Jewish, how can I become a citizen of Israel? What does it take?

Us citizenship [ 5 Answers ]

If I am a french citizen working in the Us with out us citizenship and I marry a us citizen do I become an american citizen?

US Citizenship [ 4 Answers ]

I was born in Germany, my father a US soldier, mother a german. My dad acknowledged me in my birth registration documentation, but since I was born here in the 50's and they were not married I received automatic german citizenship. Later my mom married a US citizen and we got stationed in Japan...

View more questions Search