Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AceH Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Old Floor Furnace
    I have a house which was built in the early 1950's. It had one of those hallway floor furnaces which has long been removed. There is an electrical switch in the hallway which no one knows what it was for. Could this switch have been to operate the old floor furnace.

P.S. If old floor furnace was gas, would there still have been a need for an electrical switch to operate the furnace?
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jun 15, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Yes, there could have been a switch to power the transformer for the old furnace... The transformer would provide power to the gas valve in the old unit. I'd still see if you can trace it down, though, to make sure that's what it was for...
    AceH Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2006, 06:04 AM
    Thanks. Although I figured the switch had something to do with the old floor furnace, I just didn't know why an electric switch would have something to do with a gas furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Fan [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody knows how much difference (as far as cost is concerned) in usage and efficiency in trying to keep the cost down if we use a powerful floor fan versus our noisy and old air conditioner system in our rented apartment. In other words, does anybody know how to calculate, or...

New Floor and Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing the floor in my bathroom. I will be laying down 1/4 subfloor and then placing vinyl stick-down tile. My question is do I cut around the toilet, or do I extend the ring somehow and place the toilet on top of the new floor. I'm just afraid of the toilet leaking because of a not so...

Hot floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello The floor in my downstairs bathroom feels hot. And also the faucet upstairs has a hiss like sound. And when I open my cold water ,I get hot water for 20-30 seconds then back to cold. I hope there is no leak under the house.thanks

Wet Floor [ 2 Answers ]

The floor behind my bath tub is soaking wet, I shut off the water every day when I am not using cause I don't know why it's still leaking. I had a friend come and look at it and the floor started to dry up but now its soaking wet again.

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

View more questions Search