Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Disabled grants
    My friend is disabled and she needs help in finding a grant to repair several things in her home due to a flood from a year or two ago, But the main concern is the septic system has backed up and has caused a sink hole in her yard and it smells horrible. Since this has happened I believe it has contributed to her health getting worse. There are also soft spots in her floor and her insurance won't pay to fix it. I am trying to find a charity or grant or SOMETHING that can help her make these repairs. ANY SUGGESTIONS??
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 09:03 AM

You can contact the local charities and see if there are any programs out there to help out. If there is a Community Action (or something like that) in your community, then ask them. Habitat for Humanity may also help. Or these organizations can direct you to who can help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Like Twinkie said... contact local charities... and can't hurt to go down to local town hall or city hall and talk to the people in the town/city.

Good luck!

MARK
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 08:14 PM

Church groups, American Legion, VFW at times. Also check with the city or local real estate agents to see if there are any grant programs in the area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Improvements grants for disabled [ 5 Answers ]

I am in need of grant money either government or private to use for remodeling the home that I own for handicap accesability, or possibly purchasing a home - a substantial amount is needed because the house is both old and small. Are there any legitimate resources free help with that ? I am a 44...

Grants for Education in Ohio for Disabled Adults [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what grants and scholarships are available in Ohio, for a non-traditional disabled student.

Grants for a minority, disabled female ex-felon [ 1 Answers ]

I would like information on where to get grants for a female minority who is a disabled ex-felon. Can you help me out?

Grants for the Disabled. [ 19 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for disabled women? I have a friend who receives SSI. She's a paraplegic. Goes to school. But needs more money to live. Are there any grants available to someone in her situation?

View more questions Search