Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J-SLICE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2006, 10:00 AM
    1991 civic dx problem
    My 91 Civic DX is having troubles starting. When I turn the key, the engine cranks, but it does start. Also, as its cranking, I can hear little back fires coming from the muffler. I checked the ECU in the floor and the light would blink once, pause, blink 7 times, pause, blink 10 times, pause, blink 14 times, pause, blink 16 times, pause. Then it'll go back to 7 and do it again. Any idea what's going:confused: Thanks in advance. :D
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jun 15, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Read the FAQ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback [ 6 Answers ]

I have read the previous post about late 80-91 hondas. My car idles great and always starts on the first try. My problem is that it sputters or looses power once in a while when I am driving. It has never stalled while driving.I have taken it to the shop and they have checked everything they think...

1991 Honda Civic [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic,4 Cylinder, Standard 5 Speed Transmission, 4-Door, not an SI, with 95,000 miles on it. I just recently purchased it. It will crank but will not start. I have a friend who is a mechanic, and he has been trying to get it running for me (for free) but I am getting...

My 1991 civic doesn't want to start [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1991 honda civic dx that won't start I just changed the whole starter including the offset gear that is attached and changed the 50a fuse that is under the hood no response everything comes on in the car but starter doesn't respond at all I can push start the car but in dire need...

Leveling 1991 Honda Civic DX [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX and the drivers side front is 1 1/2 inches than the other side. How can you level the car? I placed in on a level surface, filled the gas tank, bounced each cornor of the car. When I settles, the dirver side front is lower. I have read in some service references you...

View more questions Search