Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 18, 2006, 02:40 PM
    That is GREAT news, I am so happy for him, I am sure he is too.

I have been having a problem with my 4 year old lately, trying to take all your advice into consideration.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jul 18, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Thanks J9 (I think that is the best name considering what your name is-I always wanted to tell you that). I hope this will be a nice start for us and I hope your child will get through this quickly.
    Expert

Jul 18, 2006, 02:50 PM
    I am sure it is a great start for you. Just don't forget that there may be "fallbacks" Just ignore them if there are. The more you ignore this "medical" problem the faster it will go away, remember he is not the only one.

We are trying to get through this. My child is EXTREMELY apologetic, and I keep trying to tell him it is an ACCIDENT, but he is only 4.

Thanks for the complement on the name too. I have carried this nickname for most of my life LOL
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Yeaaaaaaa for both of you!! (she says whilst jumping on the bed! ) :D
    Expert

Jul 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Better check for wet spots Mom, LOL.
    tonikuhar Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Hi, I just joined today, and I saw your posting.Wow! That could have been our house about a month ago! We also had an amazing turn around, our son even had his first sleep-over on the weekend!! Congrats to your son, it has made ours a whole lot happier!
    [email protected] Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2006, 06:09 PM
    I am the mom of 3 boys. Every one was different with respect to this issue. What worked best in every case was quietly restricting fluids a few hours before bedtime, being matter of fact about the "accidents"--i.e. change the sheets in a still darkened bedroom, change pj's, hug and back to bed. Emphasis on low, quiet, soothing--you don't want to truly interact because that may become a positive for the child. Keep it neutral. And trust me, unless there are underlying medical issues (which are usually treatable) they all grow out of it! Good luck.

Jul 18, 2006, 11:38 PM
    Thanks all... I will come back when I can to give reputation. Apparently I need to hand out more than I am allowed... LOL.

BTW... welcome Tonikuhar!
    imjewelee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2006, 04:11 AM
    Hi I am a Mom and have an occasional bed wetter. It is stress related and please don't wake them up to go or eliminate drinking water or whatever!! This will just cause more STRESS! If you drink all day sometimes you do not go until hours later so that is a bad idea! No pills are going to work either just relax get a plastic liner for the bed and he/she will outgrow it. Praying to Jesus also works wonderfully. Dear Lord please let this little child's bed wetting stop and cause no more stress in your sweet name of Jesus I pray Amen. Have a blessed and not stressed day. Your friend Julee

Jul 31, 2006, 07:45 PM
    You know Julee... it's funny you would mention prayer. I asked my son what he was doing differently and he did say that he started to add that to his prayers at night. He is still doing pretty good. Probably 2/3 nights he stays dry. He is still trying. Thanks for the thought.
    nmartin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 09:46 AM
    We came across your blog posting, and would like to advise that drugs do not address the root cause of bedwetting: A deep sleep disorder. If pills and nasal sprays are being used and show some effectiveness, once the drugs are discontinued, the bedwetting will resume. They are merely a temporary fix, and have many side effects. For 32 years, the Enuresis Treatment Center has successfully treated thousands of people from around the world by establishing a new and healthy pattern of sleep. The Enuresis Treatment Center cures bedwetting without the use of drugs. Physicians bring their own children for treatment instead of subjecting them to drugs. The Enuresis Treatment Center has put together an informative guide to understanding and treating bedwetting. This free bedwetting guide is available to download at www.freebedwettingguide.com.
    emmakate Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 06:59 AM

Hey aqua. What meds did your son try? I have a daughter who wet the bed, she was put on Minirin Tablets (they also come in a nasal spray) and it has come to a complete stop. There might be the odd night but that's it. The minirin tablets are just like a hormone replacement, the hornmone that sends a message to the brain saying they need to wake up and go to the toilet. The tablets are used for kids over 6 who have regular bladder function during the day.
    I understand where the doctor was coming from about feeling the wetness of the bed. I was advised to make my daughter change the sheets and make them wash them herself and etc, this just made her feel more embrassed and like she was being punished for wetting the bed.
    Check our this website it explains the minirin tablets very well. And I swear to you they are a LIFE saver for you and your child.
    http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcmed.nsf/pages/fpcminit/$File/fpcminit.pdf
    Kburn123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2013, 05:55 AM
    My sister wet the bed till right up into the 6th grade. Put a plastic sheet on and wait it out. Today she is 45 years old and an executive.
    Kburn123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2013, 06:04 AM
    Must correct that last statement... she wet the bed till 5th grade. I remember getting so angry with her when we were kids because she would take a bath and use all the hot water so I had to bathe in her bath water. Mind you I was in 7th grade at the time and would be mad I had to bathe in her pee water. She stopped in the 5th grade just all the sudden and so will your little guy or girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search