Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessaazteca Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Am I losing it?
    Since I can remember , I've always had weird unpleasent expieriences... it ussually starts when I'm about to go to sleep, but I'm not asleep when it creeps up on me..
    I'll be there in bed or on the couch chilling when suddenly a cold feeling overcomes my whole body, at this time I can not move or talk but I know I'm awake and perfectly aware that this is happening, I'll hear heavy breathing in my ear and words that I cannot understand sometimes or make any sense of it, this normally last about 10 min and then fades and I snap out of it, never fell asleep... this has been happening to me since I was 15 and ussually once or twice a month.
    But lately things have gotten out of hand and gotten more frequent and violent... about a month ago the same feeling overcame my body, I thought that as ussual it was going to be routine and just be the paralysis and heavy breathing in my ear, but it wasn't... this time whatever that was I encountered was touching my body in a aggressive sexual way, I could feel every bit of it! I could feel it touching me everywhere, dragging me to the edge of the bed, pulling my clothes of and having violent sex with me, it was horrible because I was aware tha I wasn't asleep, I was trying to scream and snap myself out of it but I couldn't! I could hear him speak to me and feel it pull my hair, felt everything as if it was really happening to me... ever since then it happened three nights in a row, I'm scared to go to sleep at night in fear that this might repeat itself... anybody out there that can help me? Or had a similar expierience, am I being haunted by an evil spirit? Help please...
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 7, 2008, 05:40 PM

I don't know about "haunted"--I guess so, in the sense of something coming back again and again. As far as "evil"? Well, rape is definitely an evil act, but the spirit that is messing with you may not realize that is what is happening. If it is something other than human, it may not follow the same rules we do about consent to sex.

However, it definitely sounds like you have a talent for tuning into spirits on a different level of awareness than most people in our society usually operate on. You can access that plane, but once there, you have no power or control, no boundaries or ability to assert your own integrity and insist that any spirits you encounter interact with you in a spirit of mutual honor and respect. That's a problem. In short, you need to train yourself in controlling your gift so this doesn't happen. Part of that training might be finding a spirit guide or guardian that can help you, advise you, and defend you.

Where do you live? Maybe you can find a good mentor in your area. You could also look for a good spiritual or metaphysical bookstore, and ask the person running it for guidance. Often those are operated by older women who are very wise and helpful.

Here's something else to think about: Lao Tzu wrote this in Chapter 50 of the Tao Te Ching:

The sage goes about without fear of tiger or rhinoceros.
    He will not be injured in battle.
    For in him the tiger can find no place to put its claws.
    The rhinoceros no place to put its horn.
    He has no place for death to enter.

What this talks about is the idea of "having it all together" as we say. It's about having an intact soul/spirit. No gaps, no weak spots, no pieces missing. The more you do to be an emotionally and psychologically well-balanced and healthy person, the more solid your soul is. When you are psychologically wounded, you have gaps in your soul, and sometimes parasitic spirits will try to invade it and take advantage of you. So anything you do to be a better, more together person, facing any woundings you have experienced in the past and finding healthy ways to heal them, the better. You might find a recovery or support group, or a good counselor.

Be careful with counselors, therapists, psychologists, though. Some can be very helpful, but some can be very narrow minded, and might mis-interpret this spiritual attack as psychosis. I recommend looking for ones who describe themselves as "holistic" or "transpersonal" in their yellow pages ads. They tend to be more accepting that things like this really happen.

Blessings to you.
    pineappledeluxe Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Interesting post Alder but I don't think there is much truth to it. Plain and simple, these are demons and Jesus is the only way she can be protected. Princessazteca, are you a Christian? Have you tried prayer? Jesus will not let them harm a hair on your head.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    What this talks about is the idea of "having it all together" as we say. It's about having an intact soul/spirit. No gaps, no weak spots, no pieces missing. The more you do to be an emotionally and psychologically well-balanced and healthy person, the more solid your soul is. When you are psychologically wounded, you have gaps in your soul, and sometimes parasitic spirits will try to invade it and take advantage of you. So anything you do to be a better, more together person, facing any woundings you have experienced in the past and finding healthy ways to heal them, the better. You might find a recovery or support group, or a good counselor.

Be careful with counselors, therapists, psychologists, though. Some can be very helpful, but some can be very narrow minded, and might mis-interpret this spiritual attack as psychosis. I recommend looking for ones who describe themselves as "holistic" or "transpersonal" in their yellow pages ads. They tend to be more accepting that things like this really happen.

Blessings to you.
    I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I really do suggest you consider seeing a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist. While you might feel better about the likelihood of being believed by someone who claims to work in "holistic" or "transpersonal" well being, there are no largely accepted standards that certify that their "cures" are not at least in part "dupes." Because you are in such a fragile place, you face a big risk of being taken advantage of financially and emotionally. On the other hand, a professional, certified therapist (as described above) will be able to help you to rule out psychotic episodes or another hallucinogenic disorder. There are medically proven abnormalities that sometimes occur in certain people between wake and sleep. Go to a medical expert or talk to your doctor. They will be able to help you to find the appropriate solutions so that you can stop suffering from what must seem very, upsetting, disturbing, and real to you right now.
    pineappledeluxe Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by linnealand View Post
    I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I really do suggest you consider seeing a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist. While you might feel better about the likelihood of being believed by someone who claims to work in "holistic" or "transpersonal" well being, there are no largely accepted standards that certify that their "cures" are not at least in part "dupes." Because you are in such a fragile place, you face a big risk of being taken advantage of financially and emotionally. On the other hand, a professional, certified therapist (as described above) will be able to help you to rule out psychotic episodes or another hallucinogenic disorder. There are medically proven abnormalities that sometimes occur in certain people between wake and sleep. Go to a medical expert or talk to your doctor. They will be able to help you to find the appropriate solutions so that you can stop suffering from what must seem very, upsetting, disturbing, and real to you right now.
    The woman said that the spirit took her cloths off. How can you tell me that's all in her head?
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pineappledeluxe View Post
    The woman said that the spirit took her cloths off. How can you tell me that's all in her head?
    The following links can provide you with more information.

Princess, I would only feel reassured and comforted by the idea that what you have experienced and suffered from can be treated and alleviated by your doctor.

Psychosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hallucinations are defined as sensory perception in the absence of external stimuli. They are different from illusions, or perceptual distortions, which are the misperception of external stimuli.[6] Hallucinations may occur in any of the five senses and take on almost any form, which may include simple sensations (such as lights, colors, tastes, and smells) to more meaningful experiences such as seeing and interacting with fully formed animals and people, hearing voices and complex tactile sensations.

Hallucination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hypnagogic hallucination
    Main article: Hypnagogia

These hallucinations occur just before falling asleep, and affect a surprisingly high proportion of the population. The hallucinations can last from seconds to minutes, all the while the subject usually remains aware of the true nature of the images. These are usually associated with narcolepsy, but can also affect normal minds. Hypnagogic hallucinations are sometimes associated with brainstem abnormalities, but this is rare.[9]

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sensory phenomena

Transition to and from sleep may be attended by a wide variety of sensory experiences. These can occur in any modality, individually or combined, and range from the vague and barely perceptible to vivid hallucinations.[22]...

... Sleep paralysis:

Humming, roaring, hissing, rushing and buzzing noises are frequent in conjunction with sleep paralysis (SP). This happens when the REM atonia sets in sooner than usual, before the person is fully asleep, or persists longer than usual, after the person has (in other respects) fully awoken.[30] SP is reportedly very frequent among narcoleptics. It occurs frequently in about 6% of the rest of the population, and occurs occasionally in 60%.[31] In surveys from Canada, China, England, Japan and Nigeria, 20 to 60% of individuals reported having experienced SP at least once in their lifetime.[32][33] The paralysis itself is frequently accompanied by additional phenomena. Typical examples include a feeling of being crushed or suffocated, electric ‘tingles’ or ‘vibrations’, imagined speech and other noises, the imagined presence of a visible or invisible entity, and sometimes intense emotion: fear or euphoria and orgasmic feelings.[34][35] SP has been proposed as an explanation for at least some alien abduction experiences.[36]

What Are Hallucinations? Definition of Hallucinations
    Psychotic Depression - Hallucinations and Delusions
    Psychosis - Understanding It

And so on...

You can find more information on these subjects at your local library, through internet searches, or (most importantly) by speaking with your doctor.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 01:08 PM

It can be a hallucinaton and it can be a spirit. See a doctor to elliminate the possibility that it was a hallucination. Then go from there.

Nov 10, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pineappledeluxe View Post
    Interesting post Alder but I don't think there is much truth to it. Plain and simple, these are demons and Jesus is the only way she can be protected. Princessazteca, are you a Christian? Have you tried prayer? Jesus will not let them harm a hair on your head.
    When this whole episode was happening, I was praying and asking the lord to make this stop, this didn't seem to help much, I am a christian

Nov 10, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    I don't know about "haunted"--I guess so, in the sense of something coming back again and again. As far as "evil"? Well, rape is definitely an evil act, but the spirit that is messing with you may not realize that is what is happening. If it is something other than human, it may not follow the same rules we do about consent to sex.

However, it definitely sounds like you have a talent for tuning into spirits on a different level of awareness than most people in our society usually operate on. You can access that plane, but once there, you have no power or control, no boundaries or ability to assert your own integrity and insist that any spirits you encounter interact with you in a spirit of mutual honor and respect. That's a problem. In short, you need to train yourself in controlling your gift so this doesn't happen. Part of that training might be finding a spirit guide or guardian that can help you, advise you, and defend you.

Where do you live? Maybe you can find a good mentor in your area. You could also look for a good spiritual or metaphysical bookstore, and ask the person running it for guidance. Often those are operated by older women who are very wise and helpful.

Here's something else to think about: Lao Tzu wrote this in Chapter 50 of the Tao Te Ching:

The sage goes about without fear of tiger or rhinoceros.
    He will not be injured in battle.
    For in him the tiger can find no place to put its claws.
    The rhinoceros no place to put its horn.
    He has no place for death to enter.

Blessings to you.
    Thanks a lot for your help, really, it helps to know that I'm not the only one that believes in the spiritual word. The funny thing about it is that I am a nurse, three days before this episode happened I was taking care of a sex offender in the ICU in the hospital who passed away while under my care, he was a little obcessed with me and made some nasty comments here and there, do you think it might be him coming after me?

Nov 10, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    it can be a hallucinaton and it can be a spirit. see a doctor to elliminate the possiblity that it was a hallucination. then go from there.
    I am a nurse, so I have easy acssess to the best doctors and psychologist in san antonio, I've had a psych evaluation before and everything apears to be normal, my only guess is that it goes beyond a scientific explanation, don't really know what's going on
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by princessaazteca View Post
    i am a nurse, so i have easy acssess to the best doctors and psychologist in san antonio, ive had a psych evaluation before and everything apears to be normal, my only guess is that it goes beyond a scientific explanation, dont really know whats going on

That is good that you had an evaluation done. Now you know it is not you. Now what are you going to do? I wouldn't have a clue:confused:
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Nov 10, 2008, 03:12 PM

She needs to ask Jesus to clear her house of any evil activity. I suggest you (outside your house) pray on olive oil (bless the oil). Then walk through your house with your bible reading verses and bless your house by making a cross symbol with the blessed oil over each doorway..

Jesus Christ is really the only way you can get rid of this..

Oh by the way they made a movie in the 70's about a woman getting raped by a spirit.. I can't remember the name of it but it was based off actual events.. but maybe it's not good to tap into that world too much, the more you try to figure out what it is, the more you draw it closer...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
    After more careful reading. I think you should talk to a minister priest and yes you should talk to your doctor as well.

These experiences are to the extreme and you need to figure out why your experiencing them.

Has there been any kind of abuse in the past that you can recall?

Continue to pray to God, and continue to have faith...
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by princessaazteca View Post
    i am a nurse, so i have easy acssess to the best doctors and psychologist in san antonio, ive had a psych evaluation before and everything apears to be normal, my only guess is that it goes beyond a scientific explanation, dont really know whats going on
    You may have some sort of evaluation in the past, but human beings are dynamic creatures. We are changing all the time, both physically and psychologically. Now you need to have a new, formal evaluation. This is especially true if the evaluation was conducted before these experiences, if they were not mentioned, or if they have gotten worse (which they obviously have). A doctor cannot diagnose or treat something properly if he or she is not privy to vital information experienced by the patient.

There is no question in my mind that you must speak with your doctor about this. You say that you have access to the best doctors in your area. Take advantage of this luxury.

If you are religious or spiritual, you can use that to help you during your medical treatment.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 09:41 AM
    you say that you have access to the best doctors in your area. take advantage of this luxury.

if you are religious or spiritual, you can use that to help you during your medical treatment.
    Princessazteca, how old are you?

She has experienced this since she was 15. She says she has taken advantage of the doctors and had an evaluation. We don't know yet when it was, but by her answer, it seems that it was done after these occurrences, or even between them.

She seems pretty sure of herself that this is not hallucinations, but then you tell her if she is spiritual and religious that this will aid her in her medical treatment? In your answer you seem sure that it is in fact hallucinations. I don't know... I am rambling... my point is that your post seems a little pushy with expert advice that she is mentally unstable.

And by your other posts of spirits, your answers are in a joking manner and patronizing.

Yes. This situation is different. She can get hurt. It needs to be taken seriously.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 12:04 PM
    princessazteca, how old are you??

she has experienced this since she was 15. she says she has taken advantage of the doctors and had an evaluation. we don't know yet when it was, but by her answer, it seems that it was done after these occurrences, or even between them.

she seems pretty sure of herself that this is not hallucinations, but then you tell her if she is spiritual and religious that this will aid her in her medical treatment? in your answer you seem sure that it is in fact hallucinations. i don't know...i am rambling...my point is that your post seems a little pushy with expert advice that she is mentally unstable.

and by your other posts of spirits, your answers are in a joking manner and patronizing.

yes. this situation is different. she can get hurt. it needs to be taken seriously.
    What I've done is try to add some logic to the list. I've done that elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned, thank goodness someone is suggesting the possibility of rational explanations for "mysterious" events that are scaring some people half to death.

Would you suggest that she not see a doctor? If not, then why are you attacking me? If her evaluation was for work, if it was done before this latest, most extreme attack, or if she did not discuss the previous episodes with her doctor, do you think the results of that evaluation could be determined any differently?

I have no idea if she's mentally stable or not. I am not a doctor. From what I can tell, you aren't one either. That's why we cannot tell her what's causing the problem or, as a result, what the solution is. A doctor can identify problems and rule other things out. You and I can't.

That said, if I had to take a shot in the dark, I would think it's entirely likely that's she's suffering from hypnagogia and sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Of course, there are also other more serious possibilities. If this were happening to me, to my mother, or to a friend, I would tell them to see a doctor. The fact that this woman is a nurse makes all of this even more important. If you or someone you loved was being treated by a nurse during a life threatening event, wouldn't you want to be as sure as possible that this person was psychologically well? Of course. That's why the evaluations are done in the first place.

If her beliefs give her strength, then she can use those to help her during this time, or when visiting a doctor, or during any potential treatment. Religious beliefs and medical attention are not mutually exclusive. She can have both. I think it would have been wrong had someone told her to throw all of her beliefs out the window because she was going for a new evaluation.

If I had intentions of trashing people for their beliefs, my posts would have been obviously different. I think you're more than welcome to believe in whatever you want. Still, if someone is potentially suffering from a medical issue, someone out there should at least suggest they try to resolve it through proper medical help. I happen to think it would be irresponsible to respond alternatively. Since I have not, in fact, insulted you for your beliefs, I'll also ask that you don't insult me for my own.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
    what i've done is try to add some logic to the list. i've done that elsewhere. as far as i'm concerned, thank goodness someone is suggesting the possibility of rational explanations for "mysterious" events that are scaring some people half to death.

would you suggest that she not see a doctor? if not, then why are you attacking me? if her evaluation was for work, if it was done before this latest, most extreme attack, or if she did not discuss the previous episodes with her doctor, do you think the results of that evaluation could be determined any differently?

i have no idea if she's mentally stable or not. i am not a doctor. from what i can tell, you aren't one either. that's why we cannot tell her what's causing the problem or, as a result, what the solution is. a doctor can identify problems and rule other things out. you and i can't.

that said, if i had to take a shot in the dark, i would think it's entirely likely that's she's suffering from hypnagogia and sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

of course, there are also other more serious possibilities. if this were happening to me, to my mother, or to a friend, i would tell them to see a doctor. the fact that this woman is a nurse makes all of this even more important. if you or someone you loved was being treated by a nurse during a life threatening event, wouldn't you want to be as sure as possible that this person was psychologically well? of course. that's why the evaluations are done in the first place.

if her beliefs give her strength, then she can use those to help her during this time, or when visiting a doctor, or during any potential treatment. religious beliefs and medical attention are not mutually exclusive. she can have both. i think it would have been wrong had someone told her to throw all of her beliefs out the window because she was going for a new evaluation.

if i had intentions of trashing people for their beliefs, my posts would have been obviously different. i think you're more than welcome to believe in whatever you want. still, if someone is potentially suffering from a medical issue, someone out there should at least suggest they try to resolve it through proper medical help. i happen to think it would be irresponsible to respond alternatively. since i have not, in fact, insulted you for your beliefs, i'll also ask that you don't insult me for my own.

My post was not an insult to your beliefs!! In fact I did say that this is a very different serious situation and she could get hurt without the proper help. And I totally didn't disgard the fact that your advice could be right and it could be hallucinations in my first post. She thinks that it is not from a previous examination. No, I am not a doctor. I didn't give doctor/expert advice. I said that the occurrences could be both logical and something spiritual.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
    That's quite enough. I think it's time to stay calm and on topic, no? No one in the world needs to use that many exclamation points.

Was this not in your post?

...you tell her if she is spiritual and religious that this will aid her in her medical treatment? in your answer you seem sure that it is in fact hallucinations. ... my point is that your post seems a little pushy with expert advice that she is mentally unstable.

and by your other posts of spirits, your answers are in a joking manner and patronizing...
    If you want to comment on other people's posts, be prepared for them to respond.

I have given my answer to this question.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 06:22 PM
    it can be a hallucinaton and it can be a spirit. see a doctor to elliminate the possiblity that it was a hallucination. then go from there.
    This was my post and...
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 06:22 PM
    that is good that you had an evaluation done. now you know it is not you. now what are you going to do?? i wouldn't have a clue:confused:
    This was my post...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing myself or losing my life [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all, this is a long one so please bear with me. I got married at 19 to a man who’s 20 years older and we have six children. We have been married 19 years. Where do I start... apart from him changing nappies when the children were younger he does not engage with the children at all. He basically...

Okay.I'm losing it now. [ 20 Answers ]

Man, my girl, her friend, and her brother are gone to the bar and I'm all alone going crazy. I have tried to stay busy, but that's not working at all. Of course, by my other posts we're having a lot of problems and I'm just freaking out. Yeah, I messed up a lot... I lied to her, put her in a bad...

Losing everything [ 17 Answers ]

Here's the thing, I've been with my girlfriend for about two months now and its been a great time but just recently about a month ago I lost three family members in a strange freak accident. That wasn't all. Now my cousins in a comma, and my parents are about to get divorced after an 18 year...

I'm losing it. [ 9 Answers ]

I love my husband I really do but there are things in our marriage that are killing me. My husband is on SSI and unable to work due to having two different cancers and diabetis. I work an 8 hour day in an office. When I get home I am expected to ALWAYS make dinner. Due to this I expect my...

Losing mr right -what should I do? [ 9 Answers ]

OK this is long question but I think the most detail is the better. I'm 33, and have kids. I work full time with drug users. Back at end of may I got a text from a guy I'd met and fancied the pants off asking me out. At that time I was at the end of my relationship with my ex,the kids dad, 6 yrs...

View more questions Search