Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chickenwing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 12:43 PM
    First thought - married man, not an option. Heart's feeling - why am I so hooked?
    I am 18 years old and there is this man that has truly taken my heart and doesn't even know it. He is much older than me (about 20+ years) and I met him when I was helping him coach his little daughter's team. He is married and I feel absolutely awful to feel this way about him and I know I shouldn't. I ask myself over and over if I'm just a little nuts or if I'm just a fool. But I have never felt like this for someone before ever. I know I'm young, and most people would say that I don't know what love is. Maybe I don't, but what if this was it? I've never felt like this before about anyone. We just connect and we instatntly clicked. I feel the best when I am just near him, I cannot express what I feel in words! What the heck do I do? Because I know he is married and has children, so I should just turn the other way right? Let me tell you, I have tried, but have gotten no where. There is even this cute guy my age that is an awesome, awesome person, but I just have to interest to pursue, because this coach that I help is always on my mind, and in my heart. WHAT DO I DO? I am so confused as to why I feel like this! Is it security? Maturity? Love? Could it really be love? Could someone please help me out a bit, or at least relate to this most outlandish situation?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 01:43 PM

You know what to do, don't act on those intense feelings, and nothing will happen. It leads to nothing but misery, pain, heartache, and trouble.

We all get those intense feelings, but we don't let them over rule good common sense.

Why ruin a chance at healthy love, with a young, available, single, and free guy, because you don't know how to cope with your own feelings, when they can lead you down a screwed up path?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Happily married and feeling bad about a close and nice relationship [ 8 Answers ]

I am happily married for the past 3years. Some time back I met my husband's frd who is also married with a kid. We bacame frds and we often chat with each other. We talk about everything in a way helping each other with any problems and also care a lot about each other. Even my husband knew this...

50 yr old accidentally hooked on Oxy [ 13 Answers ]

I am a 50 year old male who has had 4 rotator cuff surgeries in the past three years. The surgeon started me on the Oxycontin road 2 years ago this coming December. He botched them and kept prescribing this drug. I have intermittemtly gone on and off it but the off has been for maybe 1 week...

Duct never hooked up [ 2 Answers ]

We have lived in this house 1 year, 3 months. We just discovered the duct in the baseboard under the cabinet which holds the sink in the kitchen was never hooked up there is a grill in place which we removed to discover the boot was never even attached. When you stick your hand in the hole in the...

Thought I wanted to date but I want to get married [ 14 Answers ]

So I pushed my boyfriend of 3.5 years away because during the relationship I was unsure of what I wanted and "who I really am." 2 months ago he sends me packing back home (we lived in a different state than where I am from, so now I am home again). He says we need at least a year apart because he...

My heart's shattered [ 5 Answers ]

I feel so stupid around my friends, especially this one friend of mine. She and I have been good friends for almost 7 years but suddenly she just switched personality. Ever since she started working (she never worked before), she's been so different. It's like it's not her anymore. She makes me...

View more questions Search