Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Betsy0818 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 12:09 PM
    How do I know if Im a US citizen?
    My mom became a US Citizen before my 18th birthday but she did not include my papers with hers. Does this mean I am a citizen if not what do I have to do?

Thanks
    Betsy
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 01:18 PM

If she included your name as dependent in her application, then you are beneficiary. You need to submit form N-600, $460 application fee to USCIS. You will receive Certificate of Naturalization and with this document, you will be eligible to obtain US passport.

Nov 6, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    If she included your name as dependent in her application, then you are beneficiary. You need to submit form N-600, $460 application fee to USCIS. You will receive Certificate of Naturalization and with this document, you will be eligible to obtain US passport.
    Yikes I still have to pay that large fee? What is the difference between form N400 and
    N600?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 05:19 PM

N-400 is for those who want to apply for naturalization, N-600 is for those who already be listed as beneficiary when your parents naturalized, so this is just to apply for a certificate. You don't need to take exam or go through all the procedures.

Nov 6, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    N-400 is for those who want to apply for naturalization, N-600 is for those who already be listed as beneficiary when your parents naturalized, so this is just to apply for a certificate. You don't need to take exam or go thru all the procedures.
    Okay one last question... I have a residence card and it says permanent resident but it has an expiration and it expired this past August. Do I have to pay for a new card before applying for the form 6400? Money has been very tight and I'm worried that it might cause a problem. Even though I read somewhere that I'm still considered a resident even though the card expired is this corret?:confused: should I apply for a new residence card or just do form N600?

I really appreciate your help you have no idea how much you've helped me :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal citizen marrys a you.S. Citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is a U.S. and he married a woman that's an illegal citizen (from mexico), I was wondering does that make a her a U.S. citizen? Because she says that she is not a citizen so she can't get a job. If anyone knows anything please give me info because I believe she is just lazy.

US naturalized citizen to become French citizen? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! I want to know what the process is like to become a French citizen for an American Naturalized Citizen (born in Armenia). My boyfriend is French, and we might get married but we might not. I want to know : 1)how I could be granted French Citizenship without marrying my boyfriend and...

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search