Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonywil77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 11:54 AM
    She left and took kids
    I have no clue what to do. I am sitting here in Iraq and my wife left the state with my kids, took my guns, computer, and several items given to me by my parents, took a trailer of my dads, took the security deposit from a house I am renting out, a vehicle that is registered solely in my name with only my name on the loan, did not pay any bills and gave her mother $800.00 of my money. Her actions have already cost me well over $1000.00 just to find and take care of bills. Her actions caused two mortgage payments to bounce. She will not let me see my kids over the holidays when I plan on traveling to see them. Yes, I have a lawyer already on stand by for when I get back but I won't get this settled soon enough in court. How do I make sure I get to see my kids and get my items back?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2008, 11:58 AM

You need to get your lawyer moving now! He has to get a custody/visitation setup. Then he has to work on an equitable distribution of property as part of the divorce decree.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 12:16 PM

Sounds all too familiar. My mom did that to my dad. But there has to be another side to this dilemma? What is the real issue? Have you been abusive some how? Did you cheat on your marriage? What else is going on that you have told us? Was she wrong? Certainally. There is almost no excuse for denying parental visitation rights. Get your lawyer moving NOW.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife left me and took kids. [ 32 Answers ]

I'm in the military first of all so everything I do is scrutinized and monitered by the military. My wife left me and took my two kids. She won't talk to me about what she thinks or what she feels. Every time we talk I get anger and frustration. We have had a very hard marriage. We have been...

Wife left, took kids while I was at work [ 65 Answers ]

Ill try to keep this a short as possible. 7 months ago I came home from work to a note from my wife. Her dad and her had concocted a plan for him to drive here and take her and our kids to their house out of state. I called the police, nothing they could do. I called family services and was...

Missing mother that left kids [ 1 Answers ]

How does a person file for custody for their kids when the mother is missing abanded them. I want to get custody of them.:confused: on what and how we do this .

Mom left the kids/custody [ 2 Answers ]

I a single father of two and the mother has custody of my children. We were never married and she left the kids with me before new years and has not contacted me or the kids. Its going on a little over a month and I was wondering what can I do about getting custody of my kids. Is this also...

Cousin abandoned kids and left them with me [ 3 Answers ]

On September 18 of 2006 my cousin was arrested on drug charges and of course her two kids were turned over to DCS, she gave my name as someone who could take the kids. I went and picked them up and she signed a limited power of attorney to me for the kids. Well it's now 2007, she has been out of...

View more questions Search