Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Lol your one to talk .My last negative rating was from you in a posting you admit that you did not understand what I meant . If you give them freely expect to receive them that way.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Donaldm23;
    Giving reddies for an opinion is against the rules of this forum. You stated an opinion and therefore your reddie is not valid.
    Please don't be a hypocrite, you did the same to me: Ask Me Help Desk - View Profile: NeedKarma
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Please don't be a hypocrite, you did the same to me: Ask Me Help Desk - View Profile: NeedKarma
    And since then I have reread the rules and adhere to them better. Guess none of us are perfect huh?
    Besides you were factually untrue
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 07:50 AM

Nah, we aren't. :)
    Have a great day,
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Nov 7, 2008, 09:07 AM

With everything set and stone we have a new leader Obama/Biden. God Bless everyone
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Nov 7, 2008, 09:21 AM
    I suppose I'm chiming in a little late but I'll give my opinion anyway.

It seems to me that the whole thing was a matter of passion.

Obama ran an absolutely passionate, no-holds barred, b*lls to the wall campaign.

McCain, on the other hand, ran a campaign that reminded me of dead fish. I kept waiting for him to go on the offensive (metaphorically, not literally) and get aggressive. Obama was running ads on CMT, for crying out loud! If I'm a pretty liberal fellow, I'm not going to waste my money advertising on CMT. But there was no market untouched, no group he did not campaign to.

McCain simply preached to the choir, most of whom weren't real crazy about him anyway.

A lack of passion and a lack of any sense of purpose. I think that's what did McCain in. He could've played up his several "revolts" against the Republicans, but didn't. He could've bought some air time on some stations that reach populations that are traditionally non-Republican, but he didn't. He sold a few yard signs, showed up to the debates, and showed no will to win.

I pretty much figured the election was over a month or more ago.

DK
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 7, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldM_23 View Post
    In a historical presidential election, I'm hearing that Obama ran the best campaign in Democratic history. On the other hand McCain faces a list of things he did wrong. Was Sarah Palin his downfall? Did he handle the economic crisis wrong? Voice your opinion

Analysis: Obama money dooms current public finance

1] Money : Obama had better fund raising and out spent McCain. 650 million!! Spent on the Obama side to McCain's 84 million?

2] Media : The MSM served as free Obama propaganda. Obama goes to Iraq for the first time in 900 or so days and the big three networks act like tag along groupies.

3] Rhetoric : Obama gives good speeches, no doubt, and says and promises what you want to hear.

4] The economy - it did Bush Sr in, and all Obama had to do was mimic the Reagan line .

5] Technology : Obama used the social networking sites, text messaging etc.. To a much greater degree than McCain.

6] McCain's ineptness:
    - he gave in and agreed to play nice; I would have hammered Obama on his ties to Wright, Rezko, Ayers, Khalidi, Raines. Obama many gaffes - things the MSM were negligent in doing.
    - Religion: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/us...cs&oref=slogin
    Obama seemed comfortable and focused on the "social" aspects of religion which appealed more to younger and the more liberal Christians.
    McCain, unlike Bush, looked uncomfortable when it came to his faith.
    - McCain is not a true conservative - he never had the base. He is the same as Obama on cap and trade, immigration, and the bailout.

7] race : I await the final numbers but I'll bet that Black voters increased for Obama and that > 85 % voted for him.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/us.../07latino.html Among Hispanic voters, Obama won 14 % more than Kerry in 2004.

8] Bush and the Republicans - they spent and spent and spent... they had a majority but let the Dems block regulation od Fannie Mae and Freddie mac in 2004. OIF and OEF not well managed till Petraeus.

9] I think Palin kept this from being more of a bigger loss . A rough measure of this, like any city in the US most of the lawn signs and bumper stickers were for Obama. It was not until Palin was picked that McCain signs and bumper stickers became more noticeable.
    She certainly has more governing experience than the other 3 men.

And as an aside, when a voter can say they are not for the black candiadate and not be automatically labelled a racist , I think that is the point when we are post racial. The voting public and the MSM certainly do not hesitate to pick apart Palin or Hillary with the fear that they will be labeled sexist.

I'm not quite sure who else he could have picked. I thought he was going too pick Romney, and I would have been cool with that too. He is well spoken and has the business cred to back him up at just this time. But Romney might have driven away a good percent of the Huckabee / evangelical vote. Rudy has too much personal baggage and with the surge working - ahh don't know. I think if McCain picked, [ and he accepted ] Bobby Jindal early in the summer, he would have done better.

-
    camflo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 08:42 AM
    Obama is a excellent speaker. Have you listen to bush speak it's horrendous and he tends to get off the subject a lot. Obmama did more than bush in his two years of presidency(bush has in office for 8 years). His getting loads of work done to help this sorry *** country that bush messed up. He's reaching his goal of getting troops out of the war. Oh thank bush for sending them there and killing more people because he wanted sweet revenge. He's also trying to help fix inflation so in 10 years we won be in deep trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CNN Poll: Obama 49, McCain 48 [ 9 Answers ]

On the eve of the Republican convention, a new national poll suggests the race for the White House remains dead even. A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Sunday night shows the Obama-Biden ticket leading the McCain-Palin ticket by one point, 49 percent to 48 percent, a statistical dead...

Because I like you --> the Obama/McCain Dance-Off! [ 1 Answers ]

Unbelievable McCain Vs. Obama Dance-Off Video

Obama or McCain [ 61 Answers ]

Will Obama or McCain be a good president when it comes to foreign relations and the economic system

Where would Hillary, McCain, and Obama appear on the chart? What about you? [ 2 Answers ]

Are you willing to take the test? If so, it's free: The Political Compass - Test

View more questions Search