Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gstrom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Cannot receive email get following error
    Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

This is in Outlook express. I also cannot connect to email in Outlook.

But I can connect to email from another computer. I can also PING email server from the bad outlook computer?

mail.mia.bellsouth.net

anyone have an answer?

This was working until Monday, but I don't remember doing anything different.:(
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 01:11 PM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

It would seem to be something with the server setup in you settings

I would contact bellsouth as I am sure they get this call everyday or are aware of the most quick way to help out.

You can email them also if you have access to another email account

Online Support
    AT&TŪ Help Center Online

This should get you started
    The Rev Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 07:18 PM

Quick question: did you recently install or upgrade Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security, or just update Windows XP to Service Pack 3? If so, remove and reinstall Norton.

If you have not changed anything, you have two choices to try:
    1. Turn off the email scanning in the Norton Options (assuming that you have Norton)
    2. Copy your mail settings from that account and then delete the account under Tools->Accounts in Outlook Express, then Add a new account using the settings for username, password and mail server of the account that you just removed. Sometimes the settings get changed or corrupted, and this will help remove the issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Receive Email from Yahoo addresses [ 1 Answers ]

I have just discovered that I am NOT receiving email in my Outlook 2000 email account from 2 friends, who have recently switched from AOL and/or MSN to Yahoo email , Can anyone help me with this? Jeri

Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I can't receive mail on my laptop in Outllook 2003 . . When send and receive button is pressed, if there is outgoing mail it will be sent however nothing else happen. Early days I did once get a message about '... layer.. missing', but I've not been able to recreate this message. Or another time...

Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn. My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when...

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

View more questions Search