Oct 10, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barracuda View Post
    Visit these links

Resources :: MakingCosmetics.com Inc.

The first thing you need is a base to mix all the ingredients with
    Hi then what do u do when u have the base to mix them
    The Barracuda Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 08:50 AM
    You just gather all the materials together, (the "What you need to make cosmetics" talks about this more) like the spatula, beaker (all sterilized to prevent bacteria buildup), mix all of the ingredients really well, then add preservatives or perfumes. Last, you store it somewhere or refridgerate it if you don't use a preservative.

***It's best to read through the articles, too, because they talk about how to make emulsifiers, preseratives, etc
    kelly514 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 10:56 PM

There are many products that work, you just have to find the one that suits your skin the best and that will take a lot of trial and error... believe me when I say that you will go through many a product before you settle on one... everyone's skin is different and so you can't just think that what works on other will work on you...

My suggestion is that you start looking for products that have skin lightening ingredients - depending on how light you want to get, you can choose various ingredients... for instance, right now, last I checked alpha arbutin was one of the best lightning ingredients out there, so it should give you great results, if you are looking for a less intensive change, then perhaps licorice or such ing may work better...

Research everything, don't just take everyone's word for it... it's up to you to make sure that what you are using is safe and effective...

We're all looking for that miracle product but it doesn't exist (and believe me I've been through many creams)...

So good luck!
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 11:33 PM

Well if you are too afraid to use monobenzone then try the rdl astringent #3 or maxi peel #3. These are really good products but they are not permanent. But if you use them everday religiously then your skin will stay lighter. If you think that the hydroquinone is too harsh then try kojic acid or green papaya extract or astringent. Eskinol and Biolink make good astringents and extract that contain raw green papaya. The green papaya soap works pretty well, all these products make your skin exfoliate like crazy and when you exfoliate lighter brighter skin appears!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 01:33 AM

Where do you the maxi peel
    Cherry_09 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2008, 01:11 AM
    Comment on missteetee's post
    Lightening with arbutin and kojic acid is permanent and lightened skin will tan in sun only like a normal skin.
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    where do you the maxi peel
    Hi, there are several places to get maxi peel #3. I normally get it from any eBay seller in the USA or the 911 Health Shop online but it is cheaper just to get it from kabayancentral.com. Kabayancentral.com has really great skin whitening products but it will take about 16 days to get the items because they are being shipped internationally. Maxi peel comes in 2% hydroquinone and 4%. Maxi peel #1 and #2 have 2% hydroquinone and maxi peel #3 has 4% and this is the one I use because it works really fast!
    bigeyes678 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly514 View Post
    there are many products that work, you just have to find the one that suits your skin the best and that will take a lot of trial and error.....believe me when i say that you will go through many a product before you settle on one.......everyone's skin is different and so you can't just think that what works on other will work on you.......

my suggestion is that you start looking for products that have skin lightening ingredients - depending on how light you want to get, you can choose various ingredients....for instance, right now, last i checked alpha arbutin was one of the best lightning ingredients out there, so it should give you great results, if you are looking for a less intensive change, then perhaps licorice or such ing may work better.....

research everything, don't just take everyone's word for it....it's up to you to make sure that what you are using is safe and effective........

we're all looking for that miracle product but it doesn't exist (and believe me i've been through many creams).......

so good luck!
    You took every word out of my mouth. Very well said.:)
    kelly514 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2008, 09:36 AM

"Cherry_09 : lightening with arbutin and kojic acid is permanent and lightened skin will tan in sun only like a normal skin."

Are you serious?? Which arbutin is that? So if I buy soaps with them in it, does that mean that it will actually retain the lightening effects?
    curlynatur89 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 07:21 AM
    I have to say I've used my fair share of skin products but not to be lighter just to even out my skin, like gabrielle union, glutathione worked like 1/2 a shade it took like one and a 1/2 months, and I had to keep moving the mirrors into different lights to really see if their was a change, I stopped gluta and kept taking vitamin c until I could afford some more miraculously this seemed to be doing the job even better, which made me feel like this was the real skin lightener and not the gluta, I've been taking vita c since November 2008 till now around 2500mg a day, drinking lots of water the day before and taking them at night really does give you a radiant glow in the morning, 3.99 for 120 caps not bad, but at least its natural even though it takes some time my skin is lighter from within because the melanin has been reduced, so just regular peels and exfoliation and in a couple of months bright glowing skin.
    linda11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 01:36 PM

Hi drhanim,Hi, Im marissa and I know how you feel girl. I have been looking forever for skin lightener that will help with the spots on my face and body. I wanted to even out my skin color and maybe lighten just a few shades. I have wasted a lot of money on stuff that doesn't work.

Also don't every buy products that are not made by a big company, you can never trust if they are honest. Read this article Do L-Glutathione Pills Make Skin Lighter? It will tell you all about that scam that smaller companies are running to take your money! You must be patient there is no quick fix!

List of Skin Lightening Creams - check out what rating they got, if they are recommended, and what their active ingredients are.

I hope that helps! Im a member of WomenInquire.com and it is the BEST website if you are looking to lighten skin, it gives you a ton of information, how-tos, list of whitening creams, gels, cleansers, masks, and they are truthful. They tell you what really works and what doesn't! DHRANI I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TIME I SHOULD USE THIS CREAM?LIKE 1MONTH?OR 2WEEKS? AND AFTER HOW LONG TIME I CAN USE THIS CREAM? LIKE AFTER 3 MOONTS OR 4 MONTHS? I NEED TO KNW.WAITNG FOR UR REPLY
    linda11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 01:40 PM

Hi all,I have one method which can help u,but you have to make this at home friends,take one stillmens bleach cream and 2 archee creams and one lage size betnovate cream you can add vit E capsul 5 to 6 capsule gell mix all very well,, apply this cream to your face and neck its really v effective but don't use this cream for long period as it has betnovate which iz a steroid and can increase hair growth on your face but if you are male you can use this without this fear you can see results within 1 week after having your desired complexion stop adding betnovate cream,it iz just like a miracle believe me.but don't use for long periods it can cause acne as well so you have to take care of your skin but you can try it
    HI DHRANI I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TIME I SHOULD USE THIS CREAM?LIKE 1 WEEK?AND I ALSO WANT TO KNOW CAN I USE THIS CREAM AFTER 3MONTHS LATER.. THEN STOP AND THEN AFTER 3 Months AGAIN I CAN USE? I NEED TO KNOW
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 7, 2009, 03:47 AM

I started doing weekly glycolic acid l pills, and then using dr. varons bleaching system and I immediately started noticing a huge difference, my acne marks has dimenished like 80% in like two months.!
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 7, 2009, 03:48 AM

Glycolic acid peels!
    tanyaa Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Wonder View Post
    I'm Asian with brown skin. I've been using glutathione products and it's been the most effective yet. The pills take about a couple of months to work, but the whitening effect is all over. There are also gluta ampules you can use on your face but I haven't tried that. There there are the gluta creams and soaps, which are not as potent as the pills but will do for gradual whitening.

The brand of soap I use comes from the Philipines, there seems to be a whole host of these products coming from that country.

Since I've been using gluta (4 months), my color has changed from brown to fair (very light pale brown). I believe gluta will work for all skin types. It not only lightens but makes your complexion even and smooth. Uven my underarms have become even toned with the rest of my body. So with my knees, elbows and other parts.
    How can I have this product bt not thhrough internet... im from bangladesh n u?:)
    shy_BD Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetThang89 View Post
    Thanks Carmen. I was thinkin the same thing, so I told someone to get it from the US. I also read somewhere about takin glutathione injections directly instead of the pills, I wonder if that's better. Is it possible to inject it yourself or do you have to go to a doctor?
    Hello.. your from bangladesh right?me too:)...
    I'm searchin for lightening products.. n a good dermatologist in bd(for lightening) so do you know any derm here?I've tried a lot but din find anyone:(...
    Looking forward to your response :)
    shy_BD Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyaa View Post
    how can i have this product bt not thhrough internet...im from bangladesh n u?:)
    Your from bd too:) great... do you know any good derm?
    glynisdacsil28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Gluta
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Um... why do you sound like a seller? :confused: this reads like a magazine ad instead of someone's experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A whitening cream that works like magic! POHLI [ 36 Answers ]

Yes, it does work. I know cousins, other relatives and friends who have been using this product for the past few years. I wish I could use it but found it too harsh for my skin, so my guess it's not suitable for sensitive skin. Now I'm not a seller who is trying to promote this product, I'm a...

Skin Whitening Product that actually works for all, what is? [ 27 Answers ]

I've heard many products, Whiterskin,Herbalinn (www.herbalinn.com),Makari,ZBigatti,Pallid,Body Bleach & a few more, I hear Whiterskin works only for some people so I can't take a chance on that one, I always heard positive about Herbalinn so I ordered one from www.herbalinn.com (Is this the same...

Looking for safe whitening product [ 3 Answers ]

hi to all! =] I'm still thinking of what kind of whitening pills I should buy... because I don't really know what to pick... and I don't really know what are safe or not safe... but I recently saw Lucida-DS on eBay and the info in there was quite convincing but I still don't know if its true or...

View more questions Search