Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tahiraimdadali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Permanenet status in canada
    Hi,
    Sir I am permanenet resident in canada.(I entered in canada on 23 july). I went to canada three times in canada.
    I came to pakistan in last year September.
    Now I intended to go back to canada but I have lost all my identities in cluding passport(that has been expired on July, 200), pr card, health card and health card.
    I have applied for the new passport (with police report), and got its english translation.
    Sir now I will apply for getting the new visa stempted with canadaian visa.
    I have question that the time that I have sp[ent in canada is not two years, its about 14 months that I have spent.Sir is it necessary to ghet new visa to spend two years period there.
    I mean may immigration officer refuse my visa due to not fulfilling the two years period incanada.If I get the visa to be stamped in December, still I can notfull fill the 2 years period till July 2009 (its approximately 15 months till July 2009).
    So I am afraid... but I will stay there and fulfill my remaiang time to get the citizenship.

I need your suggestion.. about my fear and the time.
    Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 06:07 AM

You had better report the loss of your health card as well. That is an important document as well and should not be in anyone else's possession.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 11:59 AM

Report missing documents and contact the nearest consulate ASAP. If you don't have these documents replaced, you won't be able to enter Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual-Status Tax Filing (Move from US to Canada) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello -- I believe that I should file as a dual-status but want to make sure. I am a Canadian citizen. I moved to the US in September 2001 to study on an F1 visa. I graduated in May 2005 and used my F1 to work in the US until April 2006. From April 2006 to October 2006 I was on an TN...

TN Visa status, how to file if I was in US and husband was in Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in Canada from Jan to April and then in the US from April to December on a TN Visa. My husband remained and worked in Canada. Should I file my taxes jointly with my husband for my US tax return even though my husband lived in Canada and me in the States? If yes, I'm assuming he has...

Moved to US from Canada: Dual Status questions [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to the US on July 10, 2007 to begin working under a TN visa. I can meet the substantial presence test if I include previous vacations (all fall under the 10 day exclusion rule). Before July I was living in Canada and working for a Canadian company. In September I bought a primary...

What Status should I file tax since my status changed from F1 to H1 from Oct 23 2006! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following questions about filing for taxes for the yr 2006. 1. Since my visa status changed from F1 to H1 on oct 23rd 2006, what status should I file the taxes as & which form should I use? Till now I have used 1040nr ez! FYI : I am frm India, I have not left US from...

View more questions Search