Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xx-Hayley-xX Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Hey, My names Hayley and I that is exactly what they call me! Im 11 and I've just started a new school, so you can expact that!
    That's proberly cause I am fat and ugly, but I'm sure your not, when people say things like that I always have different ways one dealing with it.
    If its not that bad then all you have to do is wait 10 seconds breath in and out and walk away, if its quite heartbreaking I always think crying to myslef and writing down all the things I've been called and rip them up and throw them in the fire and think that's there opinion but your proberly really nice on the inside, so just think of things like that.
    But if it gets really out of hand TELL PEOPLE! That's what I did and now the people are accually very nice to be and give me nice commets and don't think that they will bully you more just say to the teacher can you say that you saw them calling you names so the bullys have know reason to harm you any more. If feels a whole load better to tell them!
    People who you can tell are: Your Mom, Your friends and family, Your Grand-Parents, Your Teacher and Your school Consouller!
    Thanks for listening, I hoped this helped you because it helped me with my problems! :)
    kayla_pink Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2008, 08:57 AM

Thanks you guys, I have another prob there's a new girl she's really nice but she's pretty large and people make fun of her and they tell me to go hang with her because I belong wioth her I don't have a prob hanging with her because she's nice . Also I just wanted to let you guys know this is my second year in this school and some 1 said junyor high but in my school its gr k-7 kk thankies
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 12:01 PM

It seems this group has been together for a while, and like making fun of the newer kids. To bad for them. Don't act like them. I'll bet you can relate to the new girl though.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 10:22 PM

Some people love to bully people for no reason, just for kicks. I teach my daughter whenever someone calls her name response back with a comeback and look them straight in eyes when you say it.

Before she starting standing up for herself it got to the point that I was so fed up with it that I requested a conference with the parent and I could see why this little girl was behaving the way she was but that's no excuse. It does start from home and even when it not happening at home but is brought to the parent attention and they ignore it, what does that tell you?

Don't let anyone steal your sunshine away and take up for yourself. Embrace and love yourself because there's something that they see in you that they are jealous about and if you don't stick up for yourself no one else will. No matter what age you are or where you go there's always going be someone that wants to start trouble with you and they prey on the weak and now a days bullies are taking bulling to the next level by being cyberbullies. Stand strong and confident and when I used to get picked on in school my mother used to tell me to say"the devil is a liar and the truth aint in you", I still use that saying today.

Also, when you get mad do something positive to release your anger instead of holding it in because I kept it in when I was getting picked on and I beat the girl up and I shouldn't have done that. Then my mother put me in karate to channel my anger in a different way when I was younger.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    It seems this group has been together for a while, and like making fun of the newer kids. To bad for them. Don't act like them. I'll bet you can relate to the new girl though.

Exactly - it's important not to stoop to their level and, hopefully, not to turn into the bully.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 11:44 PM

Kayla, it took me getting to be an adult to look back at some of the things people said to me as a child to realize something. No offense to you and your age but I don't give a damn what a 12 year thinks about me. I don't give a damn if that 12 year old is the most popular person in school or the heir to the throne of some country, because someone at that age doesn't know what they are talking about in anything related to the real world.

The reason I say this is because if someone your age called me anything I'd laugh at their stupidity. Stupidity in the sense they haven't lived long enough to know what they are talking about. I guess it would be like a 5 year old making faces at you. You wouldn't be insulted because that level of behavior is beneath you. At some point in your life you will look back and ask yourself, "why was I insulted by these people, they didn't know what they were talking about?" Well, as a grown adult I'm suggesting you don't wait. Just tell yourself now, what the future you is going to realize with age, they are a bunch of immature girls who don't know what they are talking about.

You are giving these girls, who you yourself don't know value when in fact they have no value because they judge people based on their perception of good looks. What have they done in life that deserves any value from you? Nothing. Not one thing.

I'm not in the boat of people who say to ignore them because I think at some point you have to start defending yourself, but at the same time it has to be done with humor and not hatred. People say I'm funny all the time, but that developed from fighting people off who called me carrot top and freckle face as a kid. You can give yourself permission to defend yourself, but by the same token, you have to give yourself permission to understand the most important person in your life is you, and you can not let other peoples non realities about who you are, come to define who you are. The people who read your posts here can see you are a sensitive, caring young woman, if those around you can't that becomes their loss, not yours. That is their reality, not yours. Your reality is fine, there is warped.
    this_or_that Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 05:00 PM

You should mock them in a way that they'll shut up. Like telling them they shouldn't be wearing their outfit, or their face is more messed up than what comes out of their mouth. For me people call me short and what I do is get up in their faces mocking them and saying the most hated thing of them to their faces. That makes them shut up and next thing you know, they're afraid of you and they won't say anything about you anymore(esp. when they don't look in your eyes when you go up to them). If they talk behind your bak, go up to them and confront them (dont get too tough) ask them why can't they say it to your face and all that, they won't have anything to say back. And GIRL, tell them to hang on to their words, because when you grow up and look HOT, remember they disrespected you and now they see u HOT, they'll regret everything that they said about you!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 06:26 PM

Kayla, are you still reading these? How are you doing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial names to botanical names [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs, I want to know botanical names of all fruits,plants and flowers,particulerly all horticulture products and floriculture products.i.e. from commercial popular name to botanical names. Thank you and with regards. J.B.Gandhi

Last names [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with this I have 2 boys with my high school exgirl friend. I knew they didn't have my last name and was told there was nothing I could do about it. I do owe back child support on them that I have been paying on. They are in there twentys know. I went to help one of them get there birth...

I have two last names. [ 1 Answers ]

I have two last names. One is my "real" fathers and the other one is my mothers. I have no relation with my father and hasn't since I was 10 years old. I've always believed that I was a true Rizzo at heart. I fully just go by that but when I have to do certain things I have to use my fathes and...

MSN names [ 2 Answers ]

It would really help if you could give me some GOOD msn names.. Names and Nicknames... I want it to be cool.. like emo cool, sk8 cool... not like PINKY PRINCESS style.. thx a lot:D

What do you call those web sites where old domain names [ 3 Answers ]

Are re-directed to? You know, they look like internet directories. Is there a name for those type of sites?

View more questions Search