Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkcowboys23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Soccer lawsuit
    Can a soccer player be sued by another soccer player for injuring him?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 01:47 PM

Can a player be sued? Sure - in our great country anyone can sue for whatever reason tickles their fancy. Will the plaintiff win? Probably not, as long as the injury is consistent with the game. I think any jury would recognize that injuries are a part of sports, and as soon as you step onto the field you have implicitly accepted the risks associated with the sport. In soccer there are injuries all the time, and so a lawsuit would probably be thrown out unless the injury was caused by a blatent act. So for example, an injury from an illegal tackle or an elbow to the face would not be grounds for a suit IMO, as long as the injury occurred in the normal course of play. But if one player assaults another, or causes injury not typically assocated with playing the game, then the injured peson would have a case. Perhaps if you tell us what the circumstances are, we could give a more specific answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soccer [ 6 Answers ]

Well,the waiting is nearly over.England vs Paraguay,kick-off 2pm,UK time.I hope England win.. of course. :D I hope the whole competetion goes off without incident,and on July 9th,when England beat Brazil :D we can celebrate for days. Come on ENGLAND!! With apologies to our International...

Pro evolution soccer [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me: Are 'pro evolution soccer 6' and 'winning eleven: pro evolution soccer 2007' the same??

Soccer Mom [ 1 Answers ]

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 7-year- Old soccer players aside and asked, "Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?" The little boy nodded in the affirmative. "Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?" ...

Soccer Am! [ 3 Answers ]

dus anyone know how u can apply to have a bash at been the soccerrette on the programme soccer am, gis a shout if u know cheers me dears x kim :D

Soccer [ 1 Answers ]

What are the dimensions of a soccer ba :-[

View more questions Search