Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jun 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Siding
    I have seen on the TV ads for siding being a certain amoutn per square feet. Without having to call the company I would like to figure out how that would be for my house. Can anyone tell me how they figure square footage. Would it be as simple as the length of the house by the height on each side? Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
    Yes, area of each wall minus windows will get you close enough to get meaningful estimates.

Of course this will not include the "wrap" (flat aluminum wrapped around window trim, possibly rake boards, etc).
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jun 14, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Thanks Rick. I just wanted to be sure. I am getting to the poijnt where I hate calling companies because they pressure you into buying their product. No such thing in getting just an estimate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I choose the right vinyl siding? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to hire a contractor to put vinyl siding on my farm house, replacing the aluminum siding damaged by hail. I've heard quality of vinyl runs across the board. I don't want the cheap stuff they put on slab vinyl box homes. Some questions I have are: What should I look for in choosing...

Cedar siding painting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know that the cedar siding should be primed and painted before installation on both sides or primed and painted after installation just on exterior side ( only one side that is exposed to weather). Thanks

Leaking shiplap siding [ 2 Answers ]

Our 80-year-old cottage has shiplap siding that leaks through the horizontal seams during a rainstorm. To avoid replacing the old shiplap (no rot) can I fill the seams with caulk? Foam insulation? The inside walls are open to the inside of the shiplap, so I can caulk/foam from both inside and...

Vertical siding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm interested in re-siding my house with vertical siding, but was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier that makes it in lenghths of about 25ft so that I can do the whole of the house in one run? Otherwise I'll have to do it in sections 12 ft high and run a j channel across, but I'd...

Siding [ 9 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to take aluminum siding off a house? I need to take a little section off to look underneath there and I am having a hard time. It is nothing like vinyl siding.

View more questions Search