Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_marie_66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Flat character
    What is a flat character?
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Nov 5, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Definition: a literary character whose personality can be defined by one or two traits and does not change in the course of the story

An easily recognized character type in fiction who may not be fully delineated but is useful in carrying out some narrative purpose of the author.
    mosag330 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2008, 03:50 PM

A flat character is basically a stereotype of a particular type of person, and/or a character who does not grow or change over the course of the story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of the Character [ 5 Answers ]

Im trying to figure out the name of this character in an old kids show... the character had a cowlick type hairdo lol with black hair I believe his name starts with a P...

Need a name for a character [ 12 Answers ]

If anyone can help please help soon! I'm writing a script and I need a character name. She's a young girl around 15/16. Very pretty. She is very passionate and is ignorant of her extreme power. She is witty and full of fire....I was thinking something like Shea, or Kyri but they seemed to plain...

Flat TV [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbor purchased a flat TV. She has no cable nor satellite. I guess she gets local channels?? I don't know it it's a plasma or LCD she just watches local channels. I have a digital TV. So is the flat TV digital, and maybe she has the capacity to accept HD if she was hook up to...

How do I get this character [ 16 Answers ]

Its like a 1 but with the line at the top pointing horizontally left Or Rotate an L by 180 degrees and it looks like that

What's the name of this Character? [ 6 Answers ]

As I was rummaging through the basement today, I came across an action figure that I haven't seen in years. I don't recall where I got it, and I don't regognize it. It's a man (or manlike creature) with green, metallic skin. Its got pointed ears and a black mustache that reaches from its nose to...

View more questions Search