Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azure_347 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Creative Zen Codec Issue
    Hello unto the list:

I am vexed beyond reason! I have recently purchased a Creative Zen music and movie player. It has so far been quite a wonderful little unit until the time came that I wanted to download a movie and put it on the unit.

Of course, after spending all day downloading a torrent (Im not going to get into my deep water baptism of learning what a torrent was, how to get them for free and so on), I followed the 'drag and drop' instructions and am told I am missing a directcodec(R).

? So I search the internet only to find SFA. So I have this movie I can't transfer over, I can't find the codec, and once I do find it, how the heck am I supposed to get it on my Zen so I can watch the dang movie?

Please advise. I am at my witz end with this.

Plug and play: !

Azure 347
    The Rev Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 07:10 PM

Well, mostly, this is going to depend on the format of the video that you downloaded. Most torrent files come in as .avi files, though some are .divx, and some .mpg. Basically, these are all different formats to view the same file.

From what I can find, the Creative Zen will support XviD, DivX, Generic MPEG-4 SP/ASP (AVI 1.0 only), and WMV video. If the video that you have is not working for drag-and-drop, it most likely needs to be converted to one of these formats. You can try such software as "ffMpeg" or third-party (not free) software by Goolgling "Creative Zen video codecs". Knowing what format the file that you downloaded is would be a big help, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Audio Codec [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am having some problem with a video file which I have downloaded. When I played the file, the sound kept going off few times. It's a problem with that particular video file. Is there any way that I can fix the video file? Thanks a lot in appreciation...

Codec problem - urgent [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was just watching a movie which is already in my PC. But after a while, when I tried to play few movies using Windows media player, PowerDVD and Winamp, I couldn't. When I was playing windows media player, it was trying to request the network for codec and failed. What should I do now?...

I don't know how to use codec... Hu hu hu! [ 12 Answers ]

First the only idea I know about codec is, codec use to be able to play audio and video file to other player... that's all know... Anyone would tell me what codec really is and how to use it... For example I have a avi movie I want to cut it into two so that I can burn it to cd... I have...

View more questions Search