Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prestontamika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Identifying fallacies
    HAVING TROUBLE IDENTIFYING THE TYPES OF FALLACIES BELOW.

I don’t care if she is the top psychiatrist in the state! Her theory on sibling rivalry is extreme. How can we believe anything she says if she subscribes to theories of that nature?

From one politician about another: “He’s a two-faced, liberal, anti-family, anti-values idealist!”

My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don’t trust her.

From a teenager confronted by his parent about breaking curfew: “Why do we have to keep harping on this curfew thing? Let’s talk about that A grade I’m getting in algebra.”
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 01:50 AM
    Hi, prestontamika!

I don’t care if she is the top psychiatrist in the state! Her theory on sibling rivalry is extreme. How can we believe anything she says if she subscribes to theories of that nature?
    Please think about: Is she to be judged solely on what she believes about one, particular subject?

From one politician about another: “He’s a two-faced, liberal, anti-family, anti-values idealist!”
    Please think about: Is he to be judged simply on the opinion of one person?

My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don’t trust her.
    Please think about: Is Tracy's association with the sorority to be the only basis for judging her character?

From a teenager confronted by his parent about breaking curfew: “Why do we have to keep harping on this curfew thing? Let’s talk about that A grade I’m getting in algebra.”
    Please think about: Is getting an "A" grade really the issue here? Also, is getting an "A" grade a logical excuse for breaking curfew?

You might also find information, that you take the time to read and study, on sites that you'll find via clicking on the following search to be helpful to you. I hope that it is!

How to Identify Fallacies - Google Search

Happy learning!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying Fallacies [ 1 Answers ]

Find one example of a fallacy from a newspaper editoral, and another example from an opionion magazine. For each fallacy you find, summarize the issue, and determine which side of the issue the writer supports. Categorize the fallacies based on their characteristics and describe the impact of the...

What is a fallacies? [ 2 Answers ]

We can recognize that athletes that participate in sports must be given special consoderation within our grading system, or we can let the university sink into sthletic obilivon. What fallacies does this fall under and why? I have a final on fallacies and I have about 20 fallacies that is...

Identifying fallacies [ 1 Answers ]

Find one example of a fallacy from a newspaper editorial, and another from an opinion magazine. For each fallacy you find, summarize the issue, and determine which side of the issue the writer supports. Categorize the fallacies based on their characteristics, and describe the impact of the...

View more questions Search