Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 03:09 PM
    I suspect my boyfriend has cheated
    A couple of months ago something very strange happened with me and my boyfriend. We had been going about our day, normally, etc and were supposed to meet some friends of ours at 6:30. I arrive on time and get a phone call from him, he says he is running late and will be there in about 20 minutes. I didn't think anything of it. That night, he was VERY affectionate towards me, kissed me, etc, which HE NEVER DOES. So I was a little on guard.
    We got home and he tells me that he ran into one of his ex's. I say where-he says "KMART". He never goes to Kmart and had no reason to be at Kmart that afternoon. Long story short I kept pressing him and he got agitated and would not tell me where he saw this chick at. Eventually I got it out of him that he had gone to her house.
    This was like a slap in the face, because he lied about where he saw her and became extremely angry with me for questioning him. Because I had no concrete proof that anything happened (he says they just talked), I chose to stay with him and act like nothing happened.
    But it's always on my mind.
    In August he started talking to another girl, that he SWEARS is just a friend. But if she was just a friend, why is he calling her 4 times a day and why did he text her 280 times in August?
    aaj2008 Posts: 139, Reputation: 7

Nov 5, 2008, 03:13 PM

Maybe you are a little controlling and he doesn't want to tell you he had friends that are female because you freak out on him. If you can't trust him then do him a favor and leave.. You have to trust to have a relationship. If you can't trust one another just leave...
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 03:16 PM

My husband has friends that are girls. He doesn't call them 4 times a day or text them 280 times in one month. Something's up. Go with your gut.

Even if something isn't going on, the fact that you don't trust him will ruin the relationship, but in my opinion, something is going on.

Ask if the three of you can hang out and see what he says.
    aaj2008 Posts: 139, Reputation: 7

Nov 5, 2008, 03:19 PM

I'm sorry but I have had a girlfriend for over two years and I still have friends who are female that I talk to on several occasions because we are really good friends and talk to one another about our relationships and such as friends... if you can't trust your partner then move on...
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 03:22 PM

I think I obviously have trust issues, yes. But I do not think I am controlling. Something I didn't mention about the August thing, they really haven't talked much since then, and I suspect it's because she now has a boyfriend. He told me a couple of weeks ago that she has a boyfriend, and made fun of him, calling him a retard and said that he couldn't believe she was with this dude.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Nov 5, 2008, 03:38 PM

Sounds like jealousy... Go with your gut. See what happens just stay alert for signs and if things don't work out then there are more men in the sea.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kellicruz1978 View Post
    why is he calling her 4 times a day and why did he text her 280 times in August?
    This doesn't sound normal to me... hhhmmm :rolleyes:
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Nov 6, 2008, 12:54 PM

Just remember he doesn't have you attach to a chain and ball... Your happiness counts, if you feel that he is cheating. You know what to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Either he is cheating, and your gut is right, or he isn't, and your mind is playing tricks on you.

You may even have issues that are fed by his behavior.

Talaniman rule # 17- Get all the facts, before you make a decision. Until you do, don't assume.

Don't drive yourself crazy, life will do that for you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    even if something isn't going on, the fact that you don't trust him will ruin the relationship, .........................................
    ask if the three of you can hang out and see what he says.
    That's a good place to start!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He told me he cheated. Now he tells me .he lied and never cheated! [ 11 Answers ]

Ok a month ago my boyfriend had told me he cheated on me! So obviously I broke up with him. And a week ago he told me he never really did cheat on me.. like the girl tried to kiss him but he never answered the kiss. He says he feels guilty from that. And he said he told me he cheated on me to test...

Anthony-the only suspect? [ 4 Answers ]

Anthony was the last person with her daughter Caylee, and everybody including her admitted it. She lied about every person, place, and times of that last time with her daughter. Don't you think, like any other person she should have been a suspect and arrested for being a negilgent mother and...

I really do not suspect, but how to clarify. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi Iam 35 years and have two kids 9 and 5.Iam happily married for 11 years. My Husband is a marketing executive and is in a very senior and responsible position. I used to work in a software firm until I had my second child and then gave up because I and my husband decided that the kids need my...

Suspect I've got a virus [ 4 Answers ]

Kids downloaded a file from a p2p network and now my desk top page flashes on and off i.e. the task bar disappears and so do all the icons on the desk top. They will reappear if I manage to clock on something in time but then everything disappears again. Updated avg free and started ...

When did you first suspect? [ 7 Answers ]

I am just wondering what made people first suspect that they might be pregnant. I am just curious about your symptoms or lack thereof. Also, those of you with irregular periods... did you have trouble conceiving?

View more questions Search