Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hgeorge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Severe PMS
    I suffer with severe PMS. Cramps, and mainly and emotional disaster. I get irritable, tired, bloated, depressed. Its awful and really effects my life and job. I get these symptoms about 1 week before my period. I went to my obgyn and he recommended me to a physchiartist. Keep in my mind he is a male doctor therefore he has never experinced PMS. I don't need a phsychiatrist I just need something to help regulate these severe symptoms. I feel sorry for my husband. He has to deal with this every month. I am planning on seeing another doctor(female) but I would like to know if anyone knows of any PMS medications that have worked for this type of problem. Please Help.
    Heather
    riveranm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 11:19 PM

Hi heather I have had these symptoms since I was 12 my husband knows when to stay away and I think even my children know when ,it makes me feel so bad for thembut it like this demon taking over me and at time you can stop because you think your right,lol-i asked my doctor about it and he said take the pill and maybe that would help and I chose not also he prescribed a antidepressant and I never took it I feel like I am not a depressed person except for 1 -2 weeks be4 my period ,I know grl it sucks I now take alprozolam on a regular basis because it sarted happening even when I wasn't getting my period and that helps a lot,I mean I am able to go to work and live kind of normal I guess good luck to you
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 6, 2008, 11:36 PM

There is a Birth Control called Yaz that is supposed to help with PMDD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

*I NEED HELP* severe depression [ 7 Answers ]

I have 15 out of 17 signs of depression from a website, almost every quiz I've taken says I have severe depression or bipolar, I'm an actress naturally so I naturally hide my feelings, and can't help it. I have a lot of trouble, even on IM, saying that I'm not OK, (unless to total strangers like...

What can be done to get rid of severe toe cramps? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who had an operation on her leg due to cancer. She has recovered from this operation and goes to physical therapy. She walks with the help of a cane. The problem she is having is severe toe cramps that really hurt her. She busted out in tears she was in so much pain while I was...

Severe addiction [ 1 Answers ]

This may sound truelly revolting, however it is a really bad addiction I have, and I need help. Please do no judge me by what I do. For many years now I get extreme pleasure from scratching my genital area. I pull the skin around the labia and itch and scratch the whole area, all over, it feels...

View more questions Search