Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Nov 5, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Early miscarriage?
    I was browsing others' posts and saw one asking about a miscarriage. Another member replied that there is a "sack" that gets discharged in an early miscarriage. I had a similar experience, but I didn't want to be rude and use HER thread to ask MY question, so...

Mine may or may not have been a miscarriage. It could have been a hormonal imbalance thing, but I figured I'd ask since its easy to ask embarrassing questions to complete strangers! ^^

About 5 months ago, I went to the bathroom and when I wiped myself, I felt a lot of wetness, as if I had been aroused, when I definitely hadn't been lol. I looked on the tissue and there was this blob of light yellowish / white jelly looking stuff. Cylindrical in shape, like a giant stubby gelatinous caterpillar. It was about 2 inches long and maybe an inch wide and had the consistency of those gross little boogery things you can buy in 25-cent toy machines. It didn't have any odor to it. I seriously poked at it and tried to smear it to figure out what it was, but it tended to retain its shape even though it was smooshy and jelly-like. I took a pic with my cellphone (felt weird doing that lol) to show my Husband since I knew he wouldn't believe me. :P

He had no idea what to think of it either, it's still a mystery! I wiped myself again after that in case there was more, and there wasn't. O_o I hope it wasn't a miscarriage considering I've wanted to have a baby for a long time! (I just posted another thread asking about fertility!)

Any thoughts?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 12:09 PM

Was this the only symptom? No bleeding or no painful cramps? These are things that accompany a miscarriage. The cramps are 100times worse than period cramps.

Nov 5, 2008, 12:11 PM

No, there were no other symptoms. Just a normal day. Crazy huh?
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 12:14 PM

Maybe it was just an abnormal amount of discharge that collected and finally exited? When I miscarried the doctor said to expect a grayish matter to exit.

Nov 5, 2008, 12:18 PM

ah, okay! That makes me feel better than wondering if I had actually gotten pregnant and didn't know it. I am sorry you miscarried =(
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 12:21 PM

Thanks. It is a sad thing, but it is meant to happen. The embryo has something wrong with it genetically so it stops growing and that is why you miscarry. Your body is rejecting it. I am pregnant now. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow. Things are going great the baby moves a lot for my ultrasounds. Just because you miscarry once, is considered to be not a big thing with doctors in being able to carry a baby full-term. They say it is bad when you have three. Good luck with trying to conceive!

Nov 5, 2008, 12:30 PM

Congratulations! =) I hope I can be as lucky as you. ^^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible miscarriage [ 5 Answers ]

I was almost 5 weeks pregnant, was having very minimal spotting no cramping but was physically sick. I went to the ER on June 12, and was told that I was having an incomplete misscarriage, today is June 15 and I have no bleeding what so ever, did I truly miscarry? Is there a possibility I am still...

Can this cause a miscarriage in the early stages of pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Can Clarithromycin cause a miscarriage in the early stages of pregnancy?

Miscarriage in early pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I was about three months pregnant, then I miscarriaged. After how long can I get pregnant. And How can I prevent the other pregnancy from miscarriage. Please help Thank you What causes miscarriage

Miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks on 1st November this year, during my labour I passed several large blood clots. About seven hours after delivering both the baby and placenta I passed another blood clot about the size of a dinner plate. I woke in the early hours of this morning with a sharp sabbing...

View more questions Search