Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loevspot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2006, 06:42 PM
    Installing Washer Dryer hook-up
    Hi there-
    We just put in offer in on a 3 unit building with two other couples. There is a laundry hook-up in the basement in a common area but all of us would rather have an in unit set-up. Our unit is on the top floor of 3 and has a very large kitchen complete with “Austin Powers-esque” wet bar. Do you think that it would be possible to use the wet bar water source to ease in hook-up installation? The water source abuts an external wall. If we are removing a small refrigerator that already has its own dedicated fuse do we still have to install an additional one? Last question… what do you think the best case /worst case cost for install would be on a project considering the variables that I gave?

Thanks so much for your help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 15, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Your question needs a few more details to flesh it out.
    If you're you asking if you can hook the water up to the bar sink and discharge a portable washer into it the answer's yes you can.
    If you wish to remove the bar sink and install a permanent washer station the answer is still yes but this will involve lowering the trap and bringing it out 2" for the washer stand pipe. You will not have to run a addition fuse and dedicated line to this appliance. Regards, Tom
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Jun 15, 2006, 07:01 AM
    If it's only a washer, the existing power is probably fine, but if you are putting in an electric dryer, you will likely need an additional circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable washer/dryer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a portable washer/dryer combo machine which is connected to the kitchen sink when in use. A faucet adapter is for the connection. The faucet adapter seems to work well when connecting the hose to the faucet, however, it is very difficult to disconnect the hose after the washer/dryer cycle...

Installing a Dryer in Kitchen no 220 volt [ 6 Answers ]

I live in a small condo the size of a large 1 bedroom apartment on the 3rd story. I have no hookups. As far as a standard 220 volt dryer is concerned, how feasible is it to have an electrician install a 220 volt outlet in the kitchen? How much would you think it would cost in terms of labor...

Washer Dryer Hook-up [ 5 Answers ]

I just inherited my sister's 8 year old washer and dryer (gas). The super came by and told us he would need to replace some of the hook-ups, for a total of $170. That seems a little bit expensive. Is that a normal price to replace the washer hoses, necessary clamps and valves, the gas line, etc?...

Washer hook ups in detached garage [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to move my washer and electric dryer from their present location off the kitchen, to the back inside wall of my detached garage. It is approx. 35' from the back of the house, to the location in the garage. My house has no basement, but has a crawl space underneath. I 've checked...

Washer/dryer installation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am very interested in a certain older home that has been remodeled. There is weirdness, though. The remodelers installed washer connections where the refrigerator is clearly supposed to go, and the utility closet has a dryer connection (about 15 feet away). I would either want to put the...

View more questions Search