Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adelekircher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Lung Lavage Procedure
    I would like to know how the lung lavage is done and recovery time.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 10:52 AM

There are varying degrees of lung lavage and used in two diagnoses as far as I know and involve washing out the lungs with saline or mucolytic agents.

Bronchopulmonary lavage therapy
    Bronchoalveolar lavage

Has your doctor recommended that you have this done? I don't know about the recovery time. It would depend on each individual. Maybe you can give us more information regarding your medical diagnosis from your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are lung nodule and what does it mean? [ 14 Answers ]

I am 36 years old and in April of this year they found multiple lung nodules and I have been to the doc several times to have them watched but now that there has been growth my DR won't do a biopsy due to my COPD and Asthma. I did a test to see if I have lost my lung capacity but she said that it...

Could it be lung cancer? [ 5 Answers ]

Yesterday my dad was taken to hospital with the following symptoms. Shortness of breath terrible cough - lasting for the past 12 months Pain in middle of chest Hurts to breath Sore neck He had x-rays done and the Dr said his lungs are "not clear" he is having ultra sounds done today.

Lung lesions [ 11 Answers ]

I had a chest x-ray due to coughing non stop for 3 months, it showed nodules in lungs, went for cat scan and they couldn't identify them, had pet scan and one of them lit up like a 3. it is 1 cm. doc said we could biopsy now or come back in 3 months, I chose to go back in 3 months, but am now...

Lung disease [ 4 Answers ]

i have an on going lung condition which at times gives me many upper respertory infections.. when the infections come i am rendered helpless.. shortness of breath, trouble expectorating ,night sweats and chills... plus i am very fatiqued.. once i start antibiotics i seem to get stronger but then...

Lung Disease [ 4 Answers ]

I first had a collapsed lung back in l999. About a month ago, I ate lunch consisting of cottage cheese and yogurt and not long thereafter fell asleep. I awoke with severe wheezing and wondered if I would ever be able to catch my breath. I felt as if I were having an asthmatic attack. Can anyone...

View more questions Search