Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennd_26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Buzzing/Flickering Ceiling Fan/Light Fixture
    My daughter's light/ceiling fan is making a... buzzing/popping noise with flickering whenever it is turned on. I have not allowed her to turn it on and she has been using a floor lamp for now because something doesn't sound OR look right - it really kind of scares me!! I am clueless but I am hoping someone else could steer me in the right direction on what to do. She needs the overhead light to do her homework.
    Thanks to you in advance!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 12:49 PM

Sounds like a bad socket. Unscrew whatever bulb is flickering and the others should be fine. Ultimately you will have to replace that light socket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights flickering with buzzing sound [ 1 Answers ]

My lights flicker and I hear a buzzing sound near the wall in my house where the outside outlet is. Any thoughts?

Ceiling Fan 4 light fixture wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a 4 light fixture I need to know how to wire the light switch. I have one white wire, one black wire, and one green wire available. The green wire is labeled lights. Thanks in advance.

Hunter ceiling fan light is buzzing aft [ 3 Answers ]

I have tightened the screw in the ceramic bulb fixture and made it tight again, It was loose, but it is still making noise like a buzzing. The fixture is not wiggling anymore but still making noise. A low buzz. Do I need to replace the ceramic fixture?

Ceiling fan light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to replace the ceiling fan light fixture in this house... how do I get the plastic connectors off the wiring to put on new connectors - the connectors in the light kit I bought do not fit the wiring in the ceiling fan, so I need to replace the connectors, right? I'm soooooooo clueless!

Ceiling Fan light cord & Fixture [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan that has been working fine for a year or so. There are two questions I have for anyone who can offer assistance: 1. The light cord doesn't work. Well, actually, it works sporadically, but rarely. When I pull the cord, it seems to not catch whatever it's...

View more questions Search