Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 22, 2008, 12:12 PM

Wherte is your proof that nobody pays that ?

Did you see the IRS data contradicting your claim?

Are you speaking of gross or agi after all the legal tax deductions?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 03:44 PM

How can there be jobs creation here when the corporate rate is 35-39 % vs 15 % in Ireland.
    Another right wing fallacy, as corporations pay accountants millions, to get every deduction they are allowed, not illegal at all.

The point being, would you pay lawyers, and accountants, good money if they didn't produce? Me neither.

That's not even counting the overseas investments, and tax shelters.

Look I got nothing against the rich, hope to be one one day. But don't tell me they deserve more than I do under the law.

You still haven't explained why the rich guys you worship, haven't help wall street, or main street, or the country out during this crisis.

Matter of fact, the middle class is footing the whole bill, so far for a bunch of greedy fat cats.

No rich guys have said, or done, a darn thing, except don't mess with my money.

Money don't trickle up, it rises faster than it trickles down, for sure. Just from interest.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 22, 2008, 04:52 PM

Look I got nothing against the rich, hope to be one one day. But don't tell me they deserve more than I do under the law.
    Whose job is it to determine how much someone deserves to be paid?

As long as the market can demand millions of dollars for a pro athlete to play a game or an actor/ actress to star in a movie that is how it is.

You still haven't explained why the rich guys you worship, haven't help wall street, or main street, or the country out during this crisis.

Again, perhaps you are projecting about rich guy worship... or is it envy?

I think Paulson is full of it. The politicians had and are still bleating that something has to be done immediately or else armageddon is coming.

And what has that gotten us? TARP and still continued decline in the economic indicators.

This is probably another cycle that we all have to live through and government influence will only make it worse.

If you look down below, I don't believe in the government as our savior, even if it is Obama. ;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 07:08 PM

I don't believe in the government as our savior, even if it is Obama. ;)
    That we can agree on, truthfully ain't none of 'em paid any of my bills, but I have a thing about people who have no empathy for the plight of others, especially if its not of their own choosing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Obama legally be president? [ 40 Answers ]

This came in as an email. Is there a constitutional lawyer out there who can tell us if the law quoted below is authentic or not? CAN OBAMA LEGALLY BE PRESIDENT? It seems that Barack Obama is not qualified to be president after all for the following reason: Barack Obama is not legally a...

President Obama [ 23 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. Looks to me like he's unstoppable. Even the Fox guys were knocked out by his speech. He summed it up in one word, "enough!". excon

The next president Obama [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys what do you think about Obama being the next president? Do you think he's the Anti Christ? The Bible does talk about Israel being wiped of the map! :eek:

Best president [ 20 Answers ]

Who gets your vote as the best U.S. president during the past 50 years? Why?

View more questions Search