Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tanvi_Shah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Switzerland visa for mother as a tourist or as dependent
    Hi,

I will be travelling to switzerland , visa I will be getting is a dependent visa, I would like to get my mother along with me, please let me know maximum how many days she can stay with me, visa she can get for maximum how many days as she is above 60 years.

ALso would like to know after staying in switzerland for say 3 to 4 months can she come as dependent or can we invite her to stay with us.. is that possible??

Related documetns will be submitted and how long will it take to process the visa
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 02:04 AM

The term "dependent" means spouse and children NOT parent(s). She should apply for visitor's visa. Contact the nearest consulate.
    Tanvi_Shah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 06:33 AM
    Thanks for the reply
    I am from india..

I would like to know that for how many months you get visitors visa?

And also can we sponsor her and invite to stay for long

Please reply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourist visa to student visa [ 4 Answers ]

I have sufficient funds to support my studies and my parents are willing sponsor me. Will it be difficult to change my B2 visa to F1 if in case I plan to study in US? Do I really need to declare my intention to study upon arrival at the port of entry?

Tourist Visa ITIN/Dependent [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I am a resident alien living in US from the past 7 years. Filing Status: married & filing jointly with one kid. My Mother-in-law (from India) came to US on tourist visa (B2) in 2006 and lived with us for 7 months (210 days). She is not a US Citizen and as such does not have an SSN. She is...

K1 fiancŽe visa or tourist visa [ 1 Answers ]

1) Which will be easier to get. 2) What will be the dollar amount. 3) How long will they take.

Can I claim my wife who is on a Tourist VISA as dependent? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I had a question regarding my Tax liability for 2007. I was in the US on a F1 VISA as a graduate student. My fiancée came down on a B1/B2 visa in Nov 2006. We got married in the US itself and then left the USA to come back to India in June 2007. Now after marriage I made changes in...

View more questions Search