Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 10:55 AM

I've never been in this situation and don't know anyone that has been, and as crazy as this advice might sound, have you ever watched Juno? It's about a girl in high school that decides she wants to give her baby up for adoption and the couple that wants to adopt the baby can't have children.
    collinsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2008, 06:06 PM

Hi Kels,
    I'm a mother through open adoption. We are truly blessed with our son and his birthfamily. The one thing that our birthmother said helped her a lot was seeing a counselor. She also had the support of her priest that preformed our entrustment cermony at the hospital. I'm glad that you have found a family you love and trust with raising your daughter. But, you really need to talk to an adoption professional. Have you contacted a lawyer or agency to handle the paperwork? They should have counselors they can refer you to. I wish you all the best. Take care!
    Kels11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    I've never been in this situation and don't know anyone that has been, and as crazy as this advice might sound, have you ever watched Juno? it's about a girl in high school that decides she wants to give her baby up for adoption and the couple that wants to adopt the baby can't have children.
    Yes, I have a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant, and then again not to long ago. I understand that movie to some degree but honestly it is so far off from the truth. I really did not like it at all. But thank you!
    Kels11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Thank you all for everything, yes I have thought about the counsler, Im just really scared. And it may sound dumb but I don't have money to pay to see certain people. I have talked to an adoption agency and gone over options and so forth, I just get really scared and its hard. Im trying to get the courage up but at the same time to with working overtime to make money and trying to have downtime for myself I get very frustrated. (I know it sounds like Im just putting it off, iI kind of am)
    collinsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Dec 3, 2008, 05:10 AM

If you are talking to an agency, they should offer those services (counseling) at no charge to you. Ask them about it. I know that our agency did. They want to help you as much as they can to make sure that you are sure that adoption is the route you want to take (or you might not). They should also offer counseling after the placement. I would recommend "interviewing" different agencies &/or lawyers to see who best fits your needs. Just my 2 cents... :) But, most important, take care of yourself and that beautiful baby you are carrying.
    mommyof2boyz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 12:05 AM
    I know this must be hard but I think that sometimes we all got to do something we don't want. But you are doing something good for someone else.. I wish I had someone to give me there baby. I had 2 miscarriges a set of twins a boy an girl, then a single one we don't know the gender. But I do have two boys whom I love... but in time you may feel like you want her trust me I could never give up my boys. My oldest sons father took him an I haven't seen him in a year... I hope you get through this if you want to talk id be there PHONE NUMBER REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2boyz View Post
    i hope u get through this if u wanna talk id b there PHONE NUMBER REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    Mommyof2boyz, please do not post your phone number on the site. This is a world wide site and you are opening yourself up for any crazy who might want to stalk you. By posting your phone number, it even gives people the opportunity to find out your address, therefore putting yourself and your 2 "boyz" at risk for harassment or stalking or worse.
    mommyof2boyz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Mommyof2boyz, please do not post your phone number on the site. This is a world wide site and you are opening yourself up for any crazy who might want to stalk you. By posting your phone number, it even gives people the opportunity to find out your address, therefore putting yourself and your 2 "boyz" at risk for harassment or stalking or worse.
    First offf I am not worried about people getting my address because its been the same for years and it's a cell... I don't even live at the address that's listed for that cell, I give my cell out to a lot of people an idc it will b OK if anyone wants it I am in school for stuff like this I it helps to talk on the phone an help people I know how this girl feels an I want her to feel better an to keep her baby...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2boyz View Post
    first offf i am not worried about people getting my adress because its been the same for years and its a cell......... i dont even live at the adress thats listed for that cell, i give my cell out to alot of people an idc it will b ok if anyone wants it i am in school for stuff like this i it helps to talk on the phone an help people i know how this gurl feels an i want her to feel better an to keep her baby...
    I know it's a cell, I looked it up. Please use adult judgment when using the internet and don't give your phone number out.
    peako Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 10:30 PM
    Hi there Kels,

I would just like to say that any decision you make is the right one, and if you do choose to go through with the adoption just remember that it is OK to feel hurt and it is OK to feel sad. No one can ever change the love that you will have for this baby, it might be hard to explain to people why you do not have baby, and you may feel as thow you are an outcast from everyone else but you just remember your doing what you feel you need to do and what you think is best. It is the most wounderful gift you can ever give someone and it is the most un-selfish thing any woman could ever do, it might not seem like it at the time but it is. I myself have just given up my precious baby boy in December and trust me it hurts like hell and I will think of him every day just like I do and will for the rest of my life, the moments I will charish will be the night that I got to spend with him before I had to say goodbye, just hold the memories of your pregnancy and the moment that your baby was born close to your heart and you will be OK
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 10:53 PM

Peako, please be aware that she posted over a year ago. Whatever decision she made was made long ago.

Please watch dates when responding to threads.

This thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption/giving up parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who has been with a man for a little under 2 years. They live together; he's divorced and has a 7 year old with his ex-wife. The ex-wife doesn't pay child support, doesn't call their son, doesn't see their son, etc. She's actually heading to jail for a few years for felony...

Stopping a minor giving child up for adoption [ 2 Answers ]

Can parents stop a minor child from giving her baby up for adoption? The minor had the school call the adoption agency? Should a school interfere with that?

Giving up visitation rights without adoption? [ 5 Answers ]

My sister has a child by a person with several children already and each has a different mother. This person has abused her physically (my sister), has been in and out of jail for drug offenses and DUIs, currently has a suspended license and during their custody hearing was argumentative with a...

Adoption of daughter [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting married to a US citizen next month. Can my husband adopt my 20-year old daughter?

I feel like giving up [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering if you can help me... I am constantly lying to my boyfriend and another frined that I am close to about things that have happened to me that are VERY bad... but they never happened.. I am lying for sympathy.. I just love the feeling of having someone there to comfort...

View more questions Search