Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horacekramer Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Is bankruptcy my only hope
    I'm 62 years old . I have 30000.00 in creditit card date on 8 credit cards. I don't own any property and don't have any money in the bank. I just got sued by allawyer for 1 of the cards I'm in debt for 9000. I just make enough to pay my bills now.imsure the others will sue me soon. What should I do? Help.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 08:15 PM
    The first thing you should do is call each credit card company and explain your situation. Ask them if they can lower your interest rates. Ask them if they are currently running any promotions where you can transfer other balances for lowered interest rates. They will often work with you because when they send an account to collections or when you file for bankruptcy they do not get all their money.

Then find a way to make payments to these cards. Look around your house... what do you have that you could sell on eBay or at a yard sale? What is something in your life you could cut back on? Get rid of some of your cable channels, cut coupons for groceries, do your laundry in cold water, stop dining out, etc, etc.

Then look for a part time job. Put all the money you make at that job toward your credit card debt.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 08:24 PM
    You asked for advice and I gave it to you based on the information that you posted. It's rude of you to give me a negative rating when I was giving you factual information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

If someone has a lien on your house from an old debt, and you decide to file bankrupt including that old debt, but keep the house, do they still have the right to keep the lien on the house?

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

If someone files bankruptcy, and then finds out a rich relative dies and is in line for an inheritance, how will that affect the bankruptcy proceedings.

Bankruptcy help [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to go through bankruptcy, I have to get all my information together for my consultation. I live with my father and I was just wondering if anybody knows if this will hurt him at all? I have about 24,000 in debt all through credit cards, I am now off work for medical reasons expected to...

Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I was declared bankrupt in Dec 03. I have not had any correspondence stating the length of time l am bankrupt. Is there a site l could go on with maybe a register of bankrupts?

View more questions Search