Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwallis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Can business Partners Force me non-compete
    I had an online business since 1999, incorporated in 2004

2008 I purchase a company LLC with 2 other individuals that is basically the same type of online business. At the same time this business was purchased, they started using the profit from their shares of the new business to grow many similar online businesses (websites).

They found out that I may be involved in creating additional websites like they have been secretly (essentially doing what they do, but not telling them), and want me to sign a non-compete or they threaten to stop paying me. They feel threatened that I can do exactly what they are doing.

I want to get out, and would even be happy with the amount I put-in to purchase this business with them.. and leave.

Can they force me to sign a non-compete even though I want to be bought out. Can they refuse to buy me out and just stop paying me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 07:08 PM

What is your partnership agreement as to payment of money ?

They can not force you to sign ay agreement
    gwallis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 07:11 PM

I am 31% shareholder and we are paid based on company profits. They are 34.5% each. I have the LLC documents anything in there that points that out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife's business conflict with boss's non-compete [ 16 Answers ]

I have been employed as operations manager for a NC service company for 9 years. I operate and oversee the revenue for 3 of the company 4 branch offices. The owner and another manager operate and oversee the one branch office, which is also the corporate office. Logistically, the offices that I...

Sold business April 30 08 no compete clause [ 2 Answers ]

Been in restaurant buiz for 28 years sold buiz April 30 with a no compete clause. I planned to move to Texas but not moving now the clause reads not to work in a restaurant directly or indirectly what am I to do. Rick

Roomates and business partners [ 1 Answers ]

My situation: between jobs and doing odd jobs to survive. My business partner needed a room for about 4 months Oct-Feb, he made an offer of $500.00 per month his schedule cause him to be on the road most of the time. Two months rent was paid (not on time) the last two months he informed...

View more questions Search