Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rashpinder Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Hi
    I have j-1 visa with 2 year requirement subject can I change my visa to onther one..?

Hi,

Please give me one information more can I change my j-1 visa without waiver... to another work visa or business visa...

Hii,

Please tell me about the E visa requirements.. I have j-1 visa can I change my status to E visa..?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 12:38 PM

If you have 2 yrs rule attached to your J-1, you must return to your home country. To change to other non-immigrant status, you need to get a J-1 waiver. No exception.

To obtain visa E, if you are qualified, yes... BUT you cannot apply for an E visa on your own behalf except for investor category. Generally, the employer or business partner must petition for the status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Once the petition is approved, you must then apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

H1B visa holder claiming a Dependent who is on H4 visa? [ 2 Answers ]

I am on H1B visa and my wife is on H4 visa. Can I claim her as a Dependent while filing for the tax return. Do I have to apply for ITIN? Please explain the procedure. Thanks

View more questions Search