Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sri30351 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:50 PM
    How much load can a 10Kva Inverter will take?
    I have a 10Kva Dubas Inverter, it is showing full load alarm for just 18Amps only, exactly how much amps can I put on it, and how to calculate that load?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 09:02 AM

I can't locate any real information except Dubas makes some very high power inverters. I can, however offer the following help.

For a resistive load kVa is the same as watts, so 10 KVA is 10,000 watts.

VA or Volts*Amps is used because motors need a much larger capacity to start. At least 1.5 or more times.

Power is Volts * Amps. For the input side it needs to be multiplied by 1/(efficiency in decimal).

Power for loads which have sine wave currents and sine wave voltages is P = V*I cos(theta). Cos (Theta) is the power factor and is a number between 0 and 1. For resitive loads, the PF =1.

There may be other resitrictions unknown to me because of the limited amount of information. Voltages (in and out), phase etc.

It could even be a battery pack related problem.
    pwork Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
    The 10 Kva inverter has an input of180 volts from 15 battery units. Can I connect a parallel and series connection to increase the time it supplies current before discharge but not exceeding 180 volts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spine inverter machines [ 3 Answers ]

I was looking into buying a spine inverter machine or something that specifically is design for spine health. I've seen a product on the tube but wasn't sure what is the best of all machines. Thanks

Micro Generation - inverter [ 1 Answers ]

So I've been researching this but getting increasingly confused. For my home I'd like to do the following: 1) Install Solar panels 2) Install Wind Turbine 3) Possibly hook up a generator to my bike for the kids to use to create power 4) Install an electric meter to sell excess back to the...

12 volt dc to ac power inverter? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use a 120 volt ac airconditioner in my truck, it is 15 amps, if I get a 2300 power inverter will that be enough to run the air unit for 1 hr at a time . I'm a service tech and have no air in the truck so this may be my cheapest solutuin, I bought a 5600 BTU for 99 bucks now all I need is...

Do I need a 12v inverter? [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying an Infrared CCTV camera and wanted to power it from a 12v car battery. I am being asked if I need a 12v inverter but I have no idea. The camera power is 12v 1.5amp and has an AC adaptor that runs 12v 2amp. Would anyone there be able to tell me if I need a 12v inverter? If what do I need

Power output of an inverter [ 1 Answers ]

How do I increase the power output of a DC to AC inverter say, up to 2000W-3000W Please, help me I am desperate.

View more questions Search