Hi j1 waiver
    Hi
    Sir I have a question with u
    I apply the waiver, and when I get the waiver I must be go my home country
    Are I can change my status here.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 05:42 PM

If you really need to change your status without leaving US, in this case you need an attorney. Normally after getting a waiver, you need to leave US and return with new visa.
    ramesh_idula Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:47 PM

Hi I can change j1 to O1 its possible.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 06:52 PM

If you are qualified, yes... You cannot apply for an O visa on your own behalf. Generally, the employer must petition for the status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Once the petition is approved, you must then apply for an O-1 visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trampoline Waiver [ 3 Answers ]

I own a small day care business. We just got a trampoline. Is it legal for me to let my daycare kids use it? And if it is, where can I get a waiver form?

Trampoline Waiver [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I purchased a trampoline for my two daughters, and of course all the neighbor children want to go on it. Can you tell me where I can get a waiver form for their parents to sign in case someone gets hurt. Thanks, Tammy

Can I get a waiver? YO status [ 4 Answers ]

Let me start by explaining myself. I was arrested in 2004 ( march) for Criminal sale of a controlled substance, 3rd degree( cocaine)as well as posseesion. I plead guilty to one count of criminal sale, and was offered 2-6. The judge granted me Youthful Offender status, and sentanced to 6months 5...

I already got J1 waiver. Then my J1 was extended.Do I need to apply again for waiver? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am on a J1 visa. I got my waiver for the 2 year rule couple months ago. But after getting the waiver, my university extended my J1 status. My question is: is the waiver still good or do I need to apply for a waiver again? We are about the start the H1 process.

View more questions Search