Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mido_gillyan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Uk visa
    I'm a british born citizen, recently married to an egytian citizen, he is currently living in egypt while I'm back in the uk, we have all the necessary documentation required by worldbridge in cairo for my husband to apply for his visa to join me in the uk, we feel our problem will be lack of funds, as I have only just recently started back at work, I have no savings, & my husband had to leave his work in the ksa due to his 16mnth old son from his previous marriage being sent back from russia to egypt by his ex wife, my husband however does own a piece of land in egypt wich at present is up for sale, but due to the location,could take some time to sell, would worldbridge take this into account when assesing our financial situation, & also the fact that on arrival in the uk my husband would have no problems in finding workas he has many years experience in this area ,also having worked in 3 middle eastern countries in the sales markiting field & I have already made enquires with sales companys & forwarded my husbands c.v to them,response being that on arrival into the uk they would be interestested in interviewing my husband for sales position.my other question is were do we stand with my husbands son coming to the uk to live with us as a family unit, do we need my husbands ex wife permission, as we have nothing in writing from here.your help with this situation would be very much appreciated.
    Mrs G Attatork
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 05:40 PM

Your story is somewhat confusing... if you are going to petition immigrant visa for your husband, it's mandatory that you must meet eligibility in term of financials. You may need to seek joint sponsor.

In case he wants to bring his child with him, he needs to get court order on sole custody of this child. Letter of consent alone is unaccepted.

For best understanding, you should consult local immigration attorney... there are certain issues that you need to know before you proceed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Can F1 visa be transferred to H1B visa with out joining OPT program? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Currently I am MSC student on F1 visa currently authorized to work .I have been working as a software engineer,network engineer and web developer for the last six years . I am confused about the conversion of F1 to H1B Visa status. Can I Change my F1 visa to H1B visa with out joining the OPT...

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

View more questions Search