Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunilparekh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 04:11 PM
    After entering us on h1b status when to start pay tax
    Dear sir

I'm coming to usa on h1b in sept

As I don't get job yet as my employer is doing marketing for me

I want to ask you after enterning in to usa when should I have to start paying tax

Or what is the time limit given to h1b holder to start paying tax after entering the country

I just want to know when to start pay

As I don't have any job and my employer ask me for tax as I don't have job but I have to pay tax

Please give me reply

As I heard that there is 180 day limit in this your company has to run a pay cheque

After deducting your tax

Thanks \

Sunil
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 05:27 PM

What do you mean by "...my employer is doing marketing for me ....".

You are supposed to start working immediately as soon as you entered US. If you are from India, and the employer who sponsored your visa is also Indian company, do not seek advice elsewhere. Talk to the attorney who filed your petition only........

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entering the US with an out of status green card for immigration interview [ 15 Answers ]

I lived in the US for 24 years and due to a pending divorce came to Australia where I was born and have family for over 2 years. All I was waiting on was my FBI check and my citizenship would have been aproved. Because it took so long, 3 letters were sent to my american address requesting I be...

Problems due to Re-entering to US [ 1 Answers ]

Previously I was legally in United States (NY) for over 4 years (2001-May 2005) with Student Visa (along with my family). I returned back to my home country on May 2005. During my study over there I had some credit card debts which on my return back to Home country ı couldn't get a chance to pay.(...

Landlord entering apt. [ 27 Answers ]

Hi. I am a landlord that need to have a question or two answered Today I served my first eviction for nonpayment. Every thing went as expected and the tenant left for work. This apartment is a second story of 2 family. There are separate entrances to each unit and c common stairway to the...

Entering into quickbooks [ 2 Answers ]

I have to enter things into quickbooks pro 2005, I am in the advances part of the class so the homework is not just some parts of a small business but, the whole outlook on the business. I am having problems trying to get this transaction put it. Purchased a 10,000.00 computer system on...

View more questions Search