Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PRINZESS1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Notice to Quit
    Our Apartment manager gave us a 30 day notice to vacate, not for non payment of rent. Are we responsible for paying rent for that time. We are looking for another place, but wanted to know if we are. Thank you.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Yes, you are responsible for paying rent for those 30 days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 02:38 PM

Yes, and I am surprised they gave you 30 days, in most areas for non payment the time is much much shorter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Landlord give me a 3-Day notice plus a 30 Day notice to quit all at once? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to please know what is the legal procedure to an eviction notice? My fiancé and I and my 3 children use to live in Buena Park in Orange County and we still currently work in Orange County and comute Mon-Fri about 1hr and 15mins each way. When we heard from a far away causing...

5 day pay or quit notice [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just got served with a 5 day pay or quit notice in Virginia because we had not paid rent. There was a delay in getting my refund check from school and was not able to pay it. We didn't sign a lease or anything stating the terms. We immediately moved out. Now I am being served...

3 day notice to quit. [ 1 Answers ]

The owner's spouse dislikes us. He is constantly causing problems. Most recently he made an appt for carpets to be put in (we've been living without carpet or tile for 8 months). He told us the wrong day. Because they showed up when we weren't home he was mad. The next day he served us a 3 day...

Notice to quit? [ 7 Answers ]

If a landlord serves you a notice to quit, is this considered a breach of the contract (lease)? :confused:

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

View more questions Search