Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikie w Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Can't read email attachment
    I have windows XP . Yahoo email , When I try to open a attachment (.xls ) I can not read it .What do I have to do to unfrag. It ? (Guardian Industries )
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Do you have Excel installed on that computer?

Nov 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Thanks. I went to - http:office.microsoft .com/ Then - excel viewer - Download . Now I read the file . I don't know what's next but it works for now .
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 07:10 PM

Nothing's next. Keep using the viewer to view only, or install your own copy of Excel if you ever want to edit/create your own.

Nov 5, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Thanks. What is the beat way to install a copy of Excel ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 05:24 AM
    Buy it from Microsoft or a Microsoft certified retailer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email attachment opening [ 5 Answers ]

My sister has a Win 2000 Pro . It will not allow her to open any e- mail attachments . Anything she can not read she sends it to my mail to read or copy . I have not used her PC so I am in the dark . Could someone please try to give me some incite and I will go and try to help her with this problem...

Comcast email server losing email [ 2 Answers ]

My comcast account won't let any email through to me except those I send to myself and those comcast sends to me to test the address. I use their website to retrieve email and do not use outlook. They have not been helpful in solving the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can...

How do I send an email with PowerPoint attachment? [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I try to send a PowerPoint photo album as an attachment to an email it won't send. It just says an error occurred. Not that the file size (22.5mb) was too big. Even when I zip it it won't send.

Is there a way to tell when a sent email has been read by the recipient? [ 4 Answers ]

If you have an account on Excite.com, is there a way to see if a mail recipient has read a message you've sent to them? I can't seem to find anything about that in the "Excite Help" section.

View more questions Search