Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Nov 4, 2008, 08:56 AM
    As I promised my wife.
    It's probably been six months, perhaps longer, since I decided to involve myself into the political fray of this election. I had reasoned with my wife not to tie up our home computer after election day arrived. So in parting I don't find it necessary that I go into more issues over the candidates. I think everybody knows of my disappointment in Dubya's presidency, and my support of Barack Obama in his efforts to get this once great nation back on track. I personally know John McCain, and although I don't agree with him on numerous issues, I do know he is a good person, as is all our candidates this election. This was the first time in my life that I was involved passionately about any election. It's been a memorable campaign season, and historical election. G-d bless everyone. :)
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 09:11 AM

Since I am totally opposed to your candidate, we will leave it at that. However, all I can say is that I am really glad that this political season is ending. Two years is way too much.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Hello Bobby:

Don't go anywhere, though. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

I too, have enjoyed this political season more than I have any since 1968. THAT was a sea changing year, and so was this one.

I enjoyed ALL of my exchanges with everybody - specially those I DISAGREE with. I mean, how much fun is it, to say, Dude, you're right on?

excon
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 03:41 PM

Does that mean your leaving Bobby. Surely your not going to let Steve and Tom whinge and moan unchallenged about everything Obama for the next 4 years?

Nov 4, 2008, 04:23 PM

Skell, you and Excon are correct, they are so predictable. I'll try and check back in once in awhile. I just owe it to my wife and family to spend precious time on other things, rather than tying up the home computer on politics now that election day has come.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 04:32 PM

I'll miss you, Bobby. I've always enjoyed reading your comments here and on that other site.

Nov 4, 2008, 04:46 PM

Thanks, Wondergirl. You're da bomb! :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    You're da bomb! :)
    Is that good? A NYC thing? Something to do with Ayers (Chicago)?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Nov 4, 2008, 07:16 PM

Well, Bobby, we seldom agree, but at least I can follow your reasoning, which is more than I can say for some of the others.

Y'all be blessed, y' hear?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Take it easy Bobby. You know that I truly believe that family comes first.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 12:59 AM

Come on Bobby, tell the truth. You have huge gambling debts and the mob is after you so you're cutting out. Just use computers in libraries. They can't trace them. Not if you use a different one every 3 hours. That's what I do.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 03:30 AM
    Does that mean your leaving Bobby. Surely your not going to let Steve and Tom whinge and moan unchallenged about everything Obama for the next 4 years?
    For 8 years I listened to every whinge and moan and invective about President Bush .Perhaps it's time to be the "loyal" opposition for a while .This too shall pass.

I guarantee that I'll hold President Obama in higher regard ,and give him his due for the position he holds ,more than I have witnessed ;even though I do not have high hopes for his term .
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 02:10 PM

Good for you, Bobby.

I too will discontinue reading and answering any of the nonsense that goes on here under the heading of "politics".

Our country is in such unfortunate situations abroad and our economy and our stock market need immediate attention, we all need to back Obama and all his efforts beginning in 01/09 to stabilize and innovate.

I'm just glad that the Republican Party which turned into a monstrous enterprise, is lying dead in the gutter.

Decent Americans shall unite together-so sick of the mean divisive tactics of the right wing to try to save our country from the dustbin of history.

CONGRATULATIONS OBAMA on your MANDATE.

Bye Bobby and all.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 03:49 PM

I'm going to bug the hell out of everyone till I die. I'll never give up.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 01:26 AM

It's been a real privilege to listen to everyone's point of view on these forums from all sides of the political spectrum. Thanks for letting the rest of us observe and listen to what you have to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Promised a raise and then denied it [ 13 Answers ]

So this is the situation. I work in the Optical department of a very large retailer. I'd prefer not to disclose which one, but if it has a bearing on the answer and precise help, I will. Anyway, I just had my 90-day review. At the review I was told by my department manager that because of my...

Denial of promised compensation [ 2 Answers ]

I am part of a team working through a contractor at a very large corporation. We were told upon hiring that we would be paid a base plus incentive for performance to goal (we are in sales). We were asked by the contractor and the client company to be patient as they were completing the written...

I promised myself I wouldn't do this but. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't want to bother everyone with another hey... am I pregnant question but I do have a question that is kind of like that. I have some symptoms of being pregnant like sore breast, cramping, last night I wanted ice cream and as soon as I tasted it, I didn't want it anymore. (my fav ice cream!)...

Husband promised to split bonus [ 2 Answers ]

My divorce was finalized in November 07 after being dragged out for over 2 years. My ex husband receives a bonus annually (which pays out the following year in Feb). When I asked him about the bonus he told me via email that he would split it with me like he has done in the past years. Now he...

Promised a pay raise [ 13 Answers ]

So I have been working for this company for 8 months. 4 months ago I was stopped by the boss and told that they were really impressed; so they were giving me a payrise. Uping me by £2000 extra a year ontop of my already fixed annual salary. I was so excited and knew with this payrise I could...

View more questions Search