Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony barrientos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Am I a citizen ?
    I have been in the U.S. for over 40 years. I was not born here butI served in the army when I was about 19 years old and was discharged under honerable conditions. Am I automatically a citizen because I served in the army ?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 10:45 AM

No, joining the army does not really give you any privileges. It depends on where you were born, when your parents naturalized or obtained permanent resident status, etc. After the year 2004, if you returned from the war and you were already a permanent resident, you can apply for citizenship in one year.. no need to wait for 5 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal citizen marrys a you.S. Citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is a U.S. and he married a woman that's an illegal citizen (from mexico), I was wondering does that make a her a U.S. citizen? Because she says that she is not a citizen so she can't get a job. If anyone knows anything please give me info because I believe she is just lazy.

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search