Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phaedrus69 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Rheem heat pump rpka-030jaz contactor wiring
    Also, before I installed my new thermostat, I replaced the main contactor on my outdoor unit. It wasn't the same brand, and so the wires did not connect up to the same place (not a 1 for 1 swap). Orange, red, and black connected to one side. Brown, yellow, and yellow connected to another. Black, white and black connected to another. This is on the old one. The unit worked fine when I turned it back on, so I left it as good. Only thing is, the fan on the heat pump won't turn off -runs 24/7, so obviously I screwed up where the signal that controls this is hooked up (maybe on the wrong side of the contactor?) A diagram for this unit would be splendid.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing contactor on our heat pump [ 5 Answers ]

My husband is changing a 1 pole contactor to a 2 pole contactor on our air conditioner. The problem is he is not sure which wires go where. Could you please help.

Hunter 42995B thermostat wiring for Rheem heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

System: Rheem all electric heat pump. Broken thermostat: Honeywell T841A1308 Heat Pump Thermostat Replacement Thermostat: Hunter 42995B Current Wiring: "X" -brown wire "B" -blue wire "W2" -white wire

Heat pump contactor sticking [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told my old trane unit has a contactor problem- the indoor fan runs but the outside unit comes on sometimes but not always- an a.c. guy came out and scraped the contactor a little and that seemed to help for a day or so and then it started acting erratic again, but not near as erratic...

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.