Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Outlook and email downloads
    Windows XP Pro - Outlook 2003 - Service Pack2
    For some reason I came back from vacation & all of a sudden Outlook is downloading multiple copies of emails plus old ones from 2006 even. It is trying to download 5000 plus emails and I don't even want to try and open it anymore. I have been working offline to do deletions but it returns to downloading when I connect. On the server I have 4 accounts & even deleted most of the emails. Outlook Express is on the computer but I never open it or use it would this have something to do with it? I use Internet Explorer & also have Mozilla. I opened up my server on Mozilla once and thought maybe that was the problem so I uninsalled Mozilla. Still no luck. What is happening and what do I do? Live alone so no one else is using the computer
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 10:53 PM

Here is a free trial, don't know what limitations are in trial
    E-mail Shredder for Outlook Download Free Trial - Shred old deleted e-mails for good!

What it looks like though, it shreds your pst files you have stored on your PC

Again, not sure, but if you rename your .pst files to .old, it may not try to download all those old ones and create a new .pst file from the time it does not find one

If this does not work, you could always rename your .pst file back

Do a search for *.pst to find out where they are if you want to try this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Email in Outlook [ 1 Answers ]

I havd been using my computer this morning with no problem sending emails. Now suddenly anything I type in an email is coming out so tiny I can hardly read it no matter what font I choose. What happened and how do I fix it? Thanks

Outlook and POP3 Email [ 1 Answers ]

I have Office 2003 and I use Outlook for my email. I have a POP3 server. I'm going on a 2 week cruise and I would like to know how to access my email on board ship using one of their computers?

Email downloads into deleted file [ 4 Answers ]

Some email messages download directly into deleted file, bypasing the inbox.

Outlook won't send email [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search