Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
    DUI_ refused breathalyzer
    A friend was arrested for DUI. Refused to take the breathalyzer test, and requested a blood test. The lab tech at the county jail was unable to collect blood after 2 tries, so my friend said, no more. Would that be considered refusing to submit to a test? Does that mean there is no evidence of being intoxicated?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 10:16 PM

Yes that is refusal, while the jail should have sent him to the hospital.

First this can be good and bad, for the bad, his drivers license will most likely be revolked by statue for refusal of the breath test and then refusal of the blood test. *** it is common to have to try several times, and sorry esp if the person is drunk.

Now for the good, the arrest will not be based on what the officer saw, heard and smelled. I have made convictions without any other tests on just what I witnessed so it can be done, but it is much harder
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:04 PM
    They can stick you with a needle as many times as they want until they get a sample?? At what point would it cross the line from "refusing"... to cruel and unusual punishment?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 09:14 PM

Well it can take 6 or more for them to get blood from me, and that is me sober and sitting still.

If you said 10 times and they could not get it, I would say he may have some grounds to go on.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2010, 09:36 AM

This thread is 2 years old and should be closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breathalyzer underage drinking [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one know about the law that juveniles cannot be breathalyzed unless the police have parent consent. This is for the state of PA Sandygirl54

Payment refused [ 3 Answers ]

I recently switched daycare providers because I was becoming unhappy with the situation. Shortly after I started using her, I ran into financial problems and could not pay, but she let me continue to bring my children. Now I have stopped using her which hacked her off! I told her I would pay her...

Refused Legal Aid Is there Any where else I can try [ 2 Answers ]

Our Ex foster daughter 27 as lost custody of her daughter to the baby's father. She as slight learning disabilities nothing major. She as looked after Jessica for 6 years without any problems. Last year She had another daughter and the baby's father gave her a lot of hassle she ended up living in a...

Help! My daschund refused to shower and refused to be carried. [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Help!I am having 2 major problems with my male long hair red daschund:- 1. He refuses to shower - every time he hears and sees me preparing his shower stuff, he will run and hide. I try coaxing him wz treats but that didn't help. He will growl and snap at whoever goes near him. 2, My...

Being refused to pay restitution [ 3 Answers ]

I wrote bad checks to a place also have been accused of several thousand of dollars being stoled what is the law on restitution if they refuse to take restitution a gave me a signed latter stating such can they press charges.

View more questions Search