Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaveyMooer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Help With Giving Roommate Bad Credit
    While living with roommates, I was responsible for paying the power bill, even though the account was in another roommates name. I didn't pay the bill for a good portion of the year and it has finally shown up on my roommates credit. Is it possible to have the debt transferred to me, since it was my fault? I'm willing to do anything to fix my terrible mistake.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 12, 2006, 04:24 PM
    I can't imagine a utility company obliging you on this but you certainly could take out a small loan or credit card and pay the bill with it. That would transfer it nicely. But the only way to definiteively find out is call the company and ask..
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Jul 2, 2006, 02:51 PM
    ALso a notorized letter to the roommate stating that it was your obligation to pay the debt, and you failed to meet this obligation.

The roommate can use the letter to explain the circumstances if this one incidence causes him to not get a loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat (soon to be giving birth) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a couple of questions about my pregnant cat . Well I don't exactly know when the time of her getting pregnant was, but I think she is getting really close to giving birth to her kittens. First of all I would like to know if taking their temperature is an accurate way of telling whe nthey...

Girlfriend is giving me a headache [ 4 Answers ]

OKAY so... here I am almost 7 months after when the relationship started. Things began to get a little rocky a few weeks ago when school was starting. This semester I'm in right now means a lot to me, because I screwed up freshman year I'm now digging myself out of a hole, and after this...

Trouble with PC giving out VGA signal [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Was using my PC last night when all of a sudden it went off. Turning it back on again resuts in the monitor saying "No Signal" My first reaction was the graphics card but I had a spare and changed it but still no display. I should mention that when I turn my PC on I get no beeps and al the...

Giving up my dreams? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I originally went to college for film I wanted to direct or produce and after one year I joined the army reserve and left school to move where my new husband was stationed. Now I'm an 'army wife' and mom which is common around here but my husband is getting out soon and I would like to go...

View more questions Search